Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Anywhere to ride around Avon Lake, Ohio???

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2004, 10:28 AM
CWG
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anywhere to ride around Avon Lake, Ohio???

Sure, wheres the "dumps"?
I am sort of looking at getting a pickup truck for a more workable vehicle. Custom vans are nice rides but suck for anything BUT riding around in comfort LOL
CWG

Old 02-18-2004, 03:47 PM
Pro Rider

Outracing,
I would like some specific directions to both places. I live at the end of 480, where I-480 turns into Rt. 14 in Portage County. I have no idea how to get where you are talking about, but would like to check them out.

CWG,
If you are headed south on 271 from Richfield, just before the rte. 18 Medina exit there is an old motocross track on the right side of the highway in the woods. And, if you keep going on 271, on the right side (again) of the highway right before the 45mph bend that connects you to I-71, there is a sweet motocross track out in the back of a farmer's field. You might check them out and talk to them since it is local to you.

Old 02-18-2004, 07:40 PM
Range Rover

Okay, Here is the best directions I can give you. Some how, I am not good with directions at all!

If you come up rt 83 into avon or avon lake, make a left on Rt254. When you get to Junction 611, hang a right. Just keep going, it will go from 5 lanes to 2 you'll pass a nature center, (and my house), you'll pass Lake Breeze road, and you'll even go over some train tracks that have been paved over. Once you get over those, start watching, when you pass the old Dodge dealer, you'll be in Lorain. They are putting in a new street on the left side. You can park your truck, trailer or what ever on that street. You can't miss the riding area from there. Also, you could come up I-90 get off at the 611 sheffield/avon exit. Head towards Sheffield on 611 and watch for the Dodge dealer there too. There are lots of places to park there and have access to the dumps. I even think there is a little bar by what they call the circle track that heads down a semi-paved road and into the heart of the dumps right off 611. If you some how get lost, you can stop and ask for directions at that Marathon or Citco Gas station. Both of them would be able to point you to the place. I am sure of it.

Okay, for the South Amherst pipe line. If you know where Jamies flee market is then you can easily find your way there. When you are on 113 right by Jamies flee market before you get to South Amherst there are some Abandon Tracks. If you can unload there. What you have to do, unless you know some locals, is turn on to the tracks. There is a really wide opening there and there are always trucks and trailers in there. If you can't get in there, head down 113, just into South Amherst, make a right onto Annis. You can punch in Annis Rd into mapquest if that helps. Take Annis all the way to the end, that is Russia Rd. Turn left and right away, you'll see the tracks. See if you can park there. Do not park on the side that is fenced off. You may want to pull in as far as you can just to be nice and let other people park in there. If you still can't find a spot. Send me a PM, there is one other place to park that I am kinda not wanting to give up right now. But as a last resourt, I just may. There isn't much to the pipe line. South Amherst put it in some time ago and ever since, people have been riding on it. It is nothing more then a place to ride your maching in top gear with the throttle wide open in the winter, and a mud bog in the summer. There are some kinda cool sites there, you ride right up next to a golf corse, the people that play there sometimes wave, they seem nice about it. There are some old train bridges and a couple of minor places to explore. Do be carefull thought there is one poseted no tresspassing sign in there that takes a run off to some ones private property. Some times there are tracks going up there, but I have herd rumers that the guy who owns it isn't kind when he catches us up there. There is alot to ride, you can go all of the way to the turn pike and if you are really good, you might even be able to find the cause way that runs under the turn pike. I haven't been riding there for long my self, so I don't know where that may be. I do know that it can be done though. Well, hope to see you out on the trail. Look for me if when your there. My photos are posted on this page. I usually ride my ex with a z-400 but on occasion, I have been known to be cought with a 600 Grizzly. I really hope this helps you! I might be able to post an address for a parking place for the dumps, I will look next time that I am out there.

Old 02-18-2004, 07:46 PM
CWG
Pro Rider

raptor, outracing
thanks, hope to make it there after some thaw muddies it up a bit LOL

Old 05-08-2004, 02:06 AM
Trailblazer

how far is that from youngstown?

Old 05-08-2004, 08:44 AM
CWG
Pro Rider

Well, its about 40 minutes WEST of Cleveland, so I'd guess you are closer to that spot in SE Ohio that everybody raves about than the spot above.
If youngstown is an hour from cleve, about 1.45 maybe give or take traffic.

CWG

got an email responce, cool...forgot about this thread!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]