Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Utah's Paiute Atv Trail

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2003, 10:12 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Utah's Paiute Atv Trail

Has anyone ridden this trail system? If so, what is your opinion of this system? What do you like best and the least? We rode it for seven days this last summer and camped along it every night. It was a great time for us.

Old 08-16-2003, 10:54 PM
Trailblazer

We have ridden this trail system for the last three years. Last year we made the complete loop with many side trips. Camping out on the trail and enjoying the outdoors was great.

In 2004 we are going to ride Moab and then we are trying to plan a major ride on the Great Western Trail Utah section when we get the information we need.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-17-2003, 12:24 AM
Trailblazer

Hello griz! We think that trail system is great! Being from Wisconsin, and the first time out that way, made it quite special to us. You say you're going to ride Moab in 2004........good for you. We( bro-in-law) road Moab on our way out to the Paiute , and back on our way home. Great places to ride. We camped out in the Slickrock bicyle trail area, out side town, and rode the moderate 4x4 Jeep trail called "Finns and Things". Great rock to ride on if you have never done that kind of riding before. We also rode the Poison Spider Mesa 4x4 Trail also. That was by far the best trail that we rode. Hope you have a great time there in 2004.

FYI.............You may already know this, but I would go to Moab in the spring or the fall, when the temps are more tolerable. We were there the last week July/1st week August. [b]NEVER AGAIN!

koolkodiak

Old 06-14-2004, 10:43 PM
Weekend Warrior

I know these messages were awhile ago but our family is looking at riding the Paiute trail this summer. We're from Minnesota and have 2 Honda Ranchers (we'll need to rent 2 others for our 13 & 15 year old sons). How was the drive from WI? Can you give us any advice on camping? I'm used to camping the BWCA or backpacking - if you want to camp along the trail, do you just strap all your gear to the back of your ATV's? We're probably looking at 4 nights so some kind of a loop would be great! Thanks for any advice you can give!

Old 06-20-2004, 07:42 PM
Trailblazer

The most complete info of the Paiute trail system is at: http://www.atvutah.com/.

There are many links that will take you days to read.

Old 06-21-2004, 10:26 AM
Pro Rider

The paiute trail is great!! The area is beautiful and most of the trail system is just for ATV's. There are several areas like this in Utah. I'm kind of partial to Utah, but I don't think there's anyplace like it!!!!

Old 06-24-2004, 01:10 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

It's run to read others stories about riding some of the great trail systems. I"m hoping to plan a ride with a group of folks from my area. I would love to travel down to Utah, that is at the top of my list. Thanks for the info.

Ride hard, ride fun, and ride safe

Old 06-24-2004, 01:26 PM
Trailblazer

We just did the Fillmore Loop. It was a lot of fun. I highly recommend the Piute Trail System. Well worth the trip.

We have also done the Marysville Loop.

Old 06-25-2004, 09:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have not riden the trail but I am familer with the area. It is a good trail in the High Mountain area . It will be cool to worm in the days and cool at night. I live in the semi-deseart country of Southn Utah we have good riding in the spring and fall, and most of the winter. The summer are hot thought in the 90+ range. Our club made a 85 mile trip one way, to Hatch town from Kanab and back to Kanab this last weekend. It is in the Brice Canyon Area. good place to ride.

Old 06-27-2004, 08:24 PM
Pro Rider

I can ride right from my house and be on the Paiute in 2 hours! It's an awesome trail. It's very dusty though.