Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Wv trails question

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2003, 01:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wv trails question

Bunn-- check out <www.trailsheaven.com>. The Hat/McCoy Trails are well worth the time/effort to get there. I have ridden the area 8 times in the last 20 mo. I ,too, have heard that Sanderson is very cool. I plan on hooking up will BartMan very soon.

Old 02-20-2003, 05:35 PM
Trailblazer
Default Wv trails question

Bunn: I agree with TRX450, If you ever get the chance, ride the Hatfield & McCoy trails. They are awesome and worth the drive. Where else can you find 400+ miles of marked trails within an easy days drive? The H&M system is hard to beat.

Old 03-24-2013, 02:16 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by WVBartMan
Bunn:

The trails in the Sanderson Wilderness Area are private and unregulated. Riding double is no problem. We ride throughout the year. We have a large group ride on Sunday once a month, 12 months out of the year and then we have several Saturday rides with smaller groups March thru October depending on weather.
we are going to that area next month do you have direction to trails from sanderson. we are going to be at blues creek down sanderson road. we have camped up 10 mile in the past and a lot of trails are now closed on that side

Old 03-24-2013, 05:14 PM
Pro Rider

Bunn, we ride Wayne National Forest in Logan all the time. We should meet up there sometime. I think the four seasons that you mentioned is actually in PA. Seems like it is near Rock Run in Patton if my memory serves me right. If you live in central or southeast Ohio, plan a trip to Hatfield McCoy. You won't regret it. We ride with a group of four from Springfield, Washington courthouse, delaware, and new Weston and chose to drive right by Wayne to go to HM at least four times a year. They are opening another trailhead about 30 minutes south of Charleston on July 15 that will connect with the little coal river trail system to provide around 125 miles of trails. If you are willing to make the extra drive, check out Rockhouse, bear wallow, and buffalo mountain in the HM system. They all of community connectors were atvs are street legal. Their trails are very well groomed and their hills are awesome.

Old 05-12-2013, 09:12 PM
Range Rover

Mud Slinger,

Did you see the new trail maps for LCR? They cut out almost all of trail 18 and that includes the cut-off trails 65 and 64 - arguably one of the prettiest trails in that system!!!

They recoded several trails and have very little green trails now. They FINALLY upgraded 10 to a blue! I have always said the portion of 10 that leads to the trailhead is NOT a green trail. That trail should have been blue and then the portion of 10 at the 15 jct. should be green. I see that is all blue now as well.

There has been a LOT of corrosion on that trail system in the last two years. It used to be much better groomed but some portions are VERY rocky now!!

Old 05-16-2015, 06:03 AM
Weekend Warrior

to the guy asking about 4 seasons atv park, its in west finley pa... was there last month...Four Seasons Resort | Western PA Campgrounds and ATV Adventures!
not a whole lot of trails but a nice place to take kids