Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Farmland

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2003, 06:43 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Farmland

In the fall when the fields are harvested we hit the farm towns. Going from field to field wide open then hitting the trails along the river. We can stop in the small towns and gas up or stop at a cafe and eat because they have no cops just the sheriff who is in town maybe twice a day. In the winter a small river along the trails will freeze over and we can ride it for miles. We just got 8 inches of snow last night so I have been out tearing up the streets. The cops don't even try to stop us because they know it would be a lost cause. This is in eastern Iowa by the way.

Old 02-16-2003, 04:06 PM
Pro Rider
Default Farmland

Here in south Louisiana it is illegal to ride on farm property and the cops have the right to impound your bike. That sux[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 02-16-2003, 04:25 PM
RIP Dear Friend
Default Farmland

Interesting.

Old 02-16-2003, 06:25 PM
Pro Rider
Default Farmland

Originally posted by: CoachK
...so I have been out tearing up the streets. The cops don't even try to stop us because they know it would be a lost cause...
And they wonder why ATV's have a bad reputation. It's attitudes like this that will be the downfall of ATV's.

Old 02-17-2003, 06:27 PM
Pro Rider
Default Farmland

I hate seeing inconsiderate people driving in my fields. I have caught all of them that I have seen and will turn them in if I catch them again. It wouldn't be the cops I would be concerned about anyway. It is the 300 plus pound farm boys like me on 90 plus MPH banshees that get pissed off at cockya$$ kids.

If one of them wrecks even though I don't know they are on my property, I am still liable. Now that sux.

I have caught people cutting donuts in vehicles, hunting, fishing, riding, etc on my property. Local people now know not to even think about it.

Before you assume I am some old grouchy man, I am only 21. I just hate inconsiderate people. I just about beat a kid for riding his dirtbike through my field and scaring our cattle and making them run through the fence.

Old 02-17-2003, 11:49 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Farmland

This kind of disrespect is why we do not have many places to ride!! All ATVer's have a responsibility to respect private/public property and get permission. If we do not are places to ride will gone. Maybe this is why it is so hard to find places to ride now and why riders keep prime areas a secert! It only takes a few to ruin it for all of us! I have spoken to many Farmers and they get furious about people trespassing on their land. Once you introduce yourself and ask for permission they will usually give you the ok. Heck they may even join you or show you some timber.

Old 02-18-2003, 12:44 AM
RIP Dear Friend
Default Farmland

Originally posted by: TrailAddict
Maybe this is why it is so hard to find places to ride now and why riders keep prime areas a secert!
That is very correct statement.

Old 02-18-2003, 12:34 PM
Pro Rider
Default Farmland

We don't have too many people that ride our fields but we do get one or two idiots every once in awhile. Most of the people around us know when you can ride in a field and when you can't. If the field is planted you better be running as hard as you can because the shotgun will be brought out. It won't hurt you at a couple hundred yards but it sure will scare the hell out of you.

What I hate is when some one brings there buddy for a ride on some one else's property and they think they have the right to ride any time they want to because they have been there before. When I take people over to my cousins place I tell them not to go there unless I am with them. And if you have permission always tell the people whose land you are riding on that you are the one riding. It is just courteous to let them know you are there. Also ask if it is all right to bring a friend or 2 with you. Don't just assume it is ok. And don't bring a group!!!

I would wear a blindfold/hood to get to stop by the Knowsalot Facilities sometime. LOL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]