Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Where to find forest trails in Montana

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2003, 10:19 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to find forest trails in Montana

Hi Guys/Gals
I am from Illinois and have rode ATV'S in Montana but it seemed that it was alot of road riding. Can anyone tell us where we can find trails that go through the forest? I am open to any part of Montana as this will be a vacation.
Thanks, and if you need info. on where to ride in Wisconsin I can probably be of some assistance as this is where we ride alot.
Dave from Illinois

Old 03-04-2003, 03:20 PM
Weekend Warrior

Oh my goodness!!! We have a spot here that was ranked in the top 7 places to ride in the U.S. It has 350 miles of dedicated trail system. The Forest Service and the local riding club maintain it an it is AWESOME riding. We ride year round (if you like the snow this is the BEST). It is located between Butte and Whitehall right on the Continental Divide and has every type of terrane you can imagine. The one thing I would advise is be aware that the elvation ranges from about 4200' to near 7500' so come prepared and remember it does get cold, even in the summer, at those elevations. Drop us a line if you plan on comming and we can hook up. (As long as your not riding a HONDA!!! We don't like waiting (just kidin')

Old 03-05-2003, 11:45 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hey
Thanks for the reply Doug. I will have to take a look at the map and see where exactly you are talking about and get back to you.I will try to do so by the weekend. We are planning on coming out in July for 2 weeks starting the 14th. The last time we went out there we met some great people on the internet prior to going also.We are planning on visiting them again this year.They own a ATV business in Libby but I had better not mention the name of it here as I think it said not to do so.
Anyway, I will get back to you after checking out the map.
Thanks for the reply and it sounds pretty cool.
Dave

Old 04-21-2003, 10:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

Racingrichie,

I live in Lewistown and noticed you had mentioned the ride between Butte and whitehall. I have a couple of questions

1) Where does the trail start and end?
2) How long and what difficulty is the ride?

Thanks abunch,
John
Lewistown