Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

ohv registration in fla

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2003, 01:43 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ohv registration in fla

I was wondering if any one could actually help me instead of just giving me the run around like i've been getting from fwc. I was told that in order for me to ride my 4 wheeler on state and public land or management areas that all i need is for my 4 wheeler to be registered and carry my title. But i was looking at holy lands rules because i'm participating in a poker run coming up and they mentioned about still needing a ohv decal but i was told that they did away with those decals. does anyone know for sure the set rules or know of a site where i can find info about it??

Old 03-03-2003, 01:50 PM
Pro Rider

all i know is they sent me a regestration slip when i bought my new 400ex......
i had to get it regestered...............

but how do you have a title if you make payments on a quad?????????
i didnt get a title ........

Old 03-03-2003, 02:48 PM
Pro Rider

around here, the only thing that is "registered" is the title, since the rule is about titling off highway vehicles, there is no stickers, decals, etc, I kind of went round and round with the local tag office, stating that it was not readily enforceable, as there was no sticker or decal..she agreed with me, but the deal is that you get the title on file with the state, I really don't think I'd want to carry the title around with me..but that is preference, I mean are the rangers really going to check the vin #s to verify that they have been titled? a decal or sticker would have been a lot better..the local tag office would be able to answer your questions..

Old 03-03-2003, 03:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

http://casey.hsmv.state.fl.us/Intran...edures/BTR/tl/ TL-44.pdf

Here is a link to the state rules about Titles of off road vehicles. Basically the decal is now gone. You regerster your atv with the state just like a car and they mail you a Title or copy of a Title. I've been told that the state will have a decal/lic. plate for off road vehiles in the future. As soon as they decide where they are going to open up the 5 areas required.

Old 03-03-2003, 08:57 PM
Trailblazer

allright thanks for the info guys if i was told that the decals had been done away with but just wanted to make sure and as far as caring the title with me i'll just bring a copy because i know it aint going to last in the mud. also if anyone knows of any riding areas in south fla as far north as west palm besides big cypress i'm looking for new places because where i ride in west palm is about to get shutdown and built on.