Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Riding in Ohio

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2000, 01:15 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey all you guys out there, do you guys have any info on riding any place other than Wellsville and Hillsville. I live in the northern part of the state and there is not much up this way. I guess something is going around to try to get recreational acsess to the Arsenal. Have any of you fellows heard of Silica Sands? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Old 04-20-2000, 02:24 PM
Pro Rider

DirtDemon

Ohio does not have a great deal of public places to ride. The majority of them are in southeastern Ohio. The Wayne National Forest has a lot of trails ( I will be going there in July) and the State Parks have a few riding areas. There is one riding area in my area (Northwest Ohio), but it is crowded and not worth driving to. The ATV Connection under trails as links to the Wayne national forest and the Ohio state trails program. Both are very helpful in relation to information. I would like to find out information about the two places that you ride at in Eastern Ohio. Are they worth the 3 hour drive for me to get to? Hope this was helpful.

Old 04-21-2000, 02:00 AM
Pro Rider

Heres the story, if you live near Cleveland and you want to go for a quick ride without going too far,(and you dont minif it's illegal),I ve got the place for you. It is in Garfield Heights, approx. 7 mi. from lake erie, just munutes from downtown (just outside of cleveland). The land is all previously a landfill (approx. 200 acres) and about 50 acres of undeveloped land. It is everpopular with the dirtbikes, but 50% of the riders are on atv. You can get muddy, you can do some trail riding, and there are many jumps for your sport riding. I have to admit, it isn't much, but for being in da city, it kicks. It also has many trails that lead to other places in the suburbs. It is just outside of the Cuyahoga Valley National park, and you can also sneak in there if you feel like it. For more directions, e-mail me at Sulldog15@aol.com.
I dont think many people will like me for telling you guys this but what the hell like i can give a sh*t.