Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

What do you like in a MX track?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2003, 11:47 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you like in a MX track?

I would like to know what everyone looks for in a track. I also would like to know how far people travel to a track to ride, and how often people ride. I would be very greatful if I got several responses to this posting. Thanks!

Old 03-21-2003, 12:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts
Default What do you like in a MX track?

I'll ramble on a bit for ya dude! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
A quad friendly track is nice. It does suck to be the only ones capable of blowing the mud off the track first so the bikes dont have a problem.Constant track maintence (weekly not every 1/2 year)! A SAFE track helps. A tabletop is nothing but a dangerous double filled in,remember I deal w/mini's also. A 25 ft. wide track (ya I know I'm dreaming). A rythym section with a rythym, so you can actually learn something. MX tracks and a super-cross tracks ARE different! SX sucks on a quad for 99.9% of the riders.A jump that can be landed at 3 ft. or 30 ft. is what we need ,they're cool and safe!

Racing locals,our circiut (CRA) the closest is 1/2 hour,others are 2 1/2 hours.
Running the nationals the closest is 20 minutes (ya I'm bragging),the farthest around 14 hours (the bragging is over) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
We (3 others and I) went to the ATV Olympics in Florida the first of the year.(1100 miles one way)
I have made it to the Glamis sand dunes 3 times now (2430 miles one way) They rule!
The Hatfield/McCoy trails in W.V. (6 hours) is a great ride. Can't wait to go to tennessee to ride the Windrock trails.
Other than that I can ride 2-4 times a week from spring to winter from my doorstep,the RR tracks next to me allows me access to roads/trails for miles. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

For the record,,,,,I like the racing aspect,but the dollar per hour of riding is outrageous. A trip to a trail costs alot,but you can ride for hours and hours instead of minutes.Thus, I prefer to love it all! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

OK,how about you other folks?! Join in! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]