Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Rattlesnake Bay Closing

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2003, 11:59 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rattlesnake Bay Closing

You are talking about Gravel Pit Road. It looks like a fun place to ride, with lots of sand dunes, but I'm not sure if it's open for anyone. I think the ones who ride there are related to or know the land owner. I was going north on 15 and took a left at Hintonville....went up that road for a ways and then turned right and went a couple of miles through forestry lands......came to a T at a paved road and turned right.....and went to where the riding was. I'm sure it was the same place. Hopefully, RSB will open back soon. We need to get a local club started.

Old 04-13-2003, 02:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

That actualy sounds like a different place. That would be on the west side of 15 and this is on the east side, but i see before you said east side. I hope it is a different place. The riding down there is great, but finding a place that is ok to ride was our problem. If you got permission its a different story.

Thats it "Gravel Pit Rd". We rode out there one time and got ran off by the sherrif. It was lots of fun while we were there though.

It would be nice to have a club down here. Maybe that would open up some more good places to ride.

Old 04-13-2003, 07:53 PM
Pro Rider

I typed wrong, I meant I was going north on 15 and took a RIGHT on Hintonville Road, and went east. We may be talking about the same place. When I get finished rejetting mine, I'm going to ride those trails in Hattiesburg and see how those are. I think Deerhawk said he was getting some info on club material.

Old 04-14-2003, 06:52 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Whenever I get my tranny done we should try to meet up and go for a little ride. I am sure we are talking about the same place. Its has a creek running through part of it. check your pms BTW

Old 04-14-2003, 10:15 PM
Trailblazer

Hi, gang. How is everyone? Still working on finding out about land at Beaumont,
probably same place ya'll are talking about. Gravel pit road land owned by
Hover gravel and Bush construction, and is posted as for as i know. I am going
to call the foresty service tomorrow and see if they have a timetable on RSB.
They picked a great time to close it. I think we could benefit alot by having a club
around here. We need some pull to make riding better or just to keep it open.
If everyone will talk to their buds and find out what they think. There are two
ways to do this, one is just get a group of riders and ride when and where we can.
The other way is to have a meeting and find out who is interested in forming a
legally recognized club. An then the work begins. RIDE ON

Old 04-15-2003, 01:46 AM
Pro Rider

I know someone who works with the US Forestry and I'll ask them. I wonder if Hattiesburg Cycle will allow information about a club to be passed on to those buying ATVs.

Old 04-15-2003, 12:16 PM
Trailblazer

I am sure most dealers would be glad to work with a club that can benefit there business.
We need to form a core group that has the drive to get a club started that will work.
Several states have good clubs that have made their riding better. Rebel, i sent you
a email, let me know what you think. We have such a wide range of riders and a big
area, like Raptor58/Magnolia, Not2Old2Atv/Semmes,AL and Ward660r/Laurel it is
hard to know do you want one big group or several smaller ones that can work together.
Ya'll let me know what you and your friends think. One person can build a house but
a team can build a city. RIDE ON

Old 04-16-2003, 08:21 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Very uplifting post! I agree, I hear about all these other clubs that are huge and get great things done because of that. I have no clue where to start. It sounds like you have done some research on this topic. I will do whatever I can to help up this way. I think that one larger group would have more influence over any dealer or even governing body than a few smaller groups. BUT like I said I have NO clue. There are so many varaibles that have to be taken into count for.

If you have any info you don't want to, or can't, post here my e-mail addy is anyabenj@yahoo.com

Old 04-16-2003, 10:27 PM
Trailblazer

Talked to the Ranger office in Wiggins, they said it would probably be 6 months before
RSB is open. My brother-in -law said there are closing signs at Tiger creek, I don't
know the date. I reckon we can put street tires and signal kits on our rides and hit
highway 59. I am hearing good and bad about forming a club. Some people are worried
about having to work on a project every weekend and we won't have time to ride.
That is not what i am shooting for but there has to be a responsible group to organize
and accomplish things so we can continue to ride.
It will take sometime to really get completely organized but we have to start somewhere.
I think it would be great if we could get together and meet, ride and see what we're
looking at. If anyone has any ideas, let's kick them around. Even if we have to meet in
the Walmart parking lot. Deerhawk65@aol.com

Old 04-17-2003, 06:42 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I agree it can't be a work all the time so other people not intrested in working can ride. BUT I don't mind working one bit. I realise that if you just take a passive stand point nothing will ever come of it.

I haven't been to Tiger Creek in years. I quit going because it needs SO much work that you can't even think of bringing a sport bike without getting stuck. It used to not be that bad and i rode out there all the time. Its probably only 20 minutes away from me.

So where do we start?

Quick Reply: Rattlesnake Bay Closing