Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

south carolina?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2003, 05:38 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default south carolina?

dude, brown moutain is THE place to go. and since summer is going to be winding down, itd be a great time to go when it cools off. that place is great...barely any dust, very technical trails, or very easy trails, they even have big jeep trials, and its all in the shade of the woods. I dont recall ever having trouble with bugs either and the scenery is beautiful aaaaaand they have camping places. Me, my dad, and a few friends plan on goin back down there sometime and campin out. We rode for about 6 hours and we only covered about 3/4 of the trails. That place would get a 10 out of 10 from me. Its just great, and well worth the drive too.

Old 08-28-2003, 08:41 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default south carolina?

ANybody 4 wheel in the upstate? Around greenville?

Old 08-29-2003, 09:57 AM
Pro Rider
Default south carolina?

Lethalaudio- Can you tell me where Brown Mountain is and how to get there? It may help me decide where to buy a house!

Old 08-29-2003, 11:59 AM
Range Rover
Default south carolina?

Sure thing,
http://users.gloryroad.net/~orion/INDEX2.HTM should provide some direction. I cant tell you exactly where it is, we had to leave the house at about 5 to get there at 7. By the time I got there, I was already asleep.
Ah, here we go, I got another page
https://atvconnection.com/editor/fea...olina/ride.htm just for the record, it has 45miles of trails...whoa.
and yet another
http://www.mountaintravelguide.com/4...HV%20Trail.htm
you should be able to find it in a map search thingy on the net. Or if you have Microsoft Streets and Trips, that'll work too.
ooooor, you can try http://terraserver.microsoft.com
you can type in an address, find the house, see sat photos of the house, find houses for sale around the area, find detailed info about the locals and businesses....all for free. Its quite amazing. They have photos of the entire US. I cant tell you how much time Ive spent lookin at that site.
If you still cant find it, Ill ask my dad, he should know something.

Old 08-29-2003, 12:06 PM
Range Rover
Default south carolina?

Originally posted by: TheWiseOne
ANybody 4 wheel in the upstate? Around greenville?
I dont get anywhere near Greenville. Cowpens and Pacolet are where most of us ride. The family of one of my friends owns a large peach (as well as other produce) farm and market. Lots of the land around is peach tree fields and they let us ride on them. But there is a ton of trails around here to ride aside from the fields. You just gotta find someone that knows where they are. Prettymuch any undeveloped land has a trail on it.

Old 09-06-2003, 01:20 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default south carolina?

That's cool. My dad just bought some land up above landrum in tryon NC... Really steep stuff, but about 130 acres, so we were thinking about getting some 4 wheelers and I was looking for ideas on where to ride. Anybody else?

Old 09-06-2003, 06:30 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!
Default south carolina?

LethalAudio is right

Brown Mt is worth the drive for the mountain riding.

Old 11-09-2003, 04:21 PM
SKT
Trailblazer
Default south carolina?

How do you get to the trails in Cowpens and Pacolet? I live in Greenville, SC.

Old 11-09-2003, 04:37 PM
Range Rover
Default south carolina?

Just head in there near a truck stop and look around. You can see a ton of trails from 85 between Spartanburg and Cowpens. It helps to know some people down here though. But pretty much any clear Sunday, you can find people riding. I really dont know how to tell you, I just kinda know where they are. I have a photographic memory, so I know all the locations, but I dont know the names of any of them or any roads or anything.

Old 12-18-2003, 02:55 AM
Trailblazer
Default south carolina?

I'm moving to the Myrtle Beach area in the next few months and was wondering about where to ride and how legal is it in SC. Here in NJ there is one legal riding park for the whole state. Caught riding anywhere else and you get your bike impounded and a big fine.

Quick Reply: south carolina?