Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

south carolina?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2003, 03:29 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default south carolina?

Im not sure about how legal it is to ride in any park. But here in SC there are trails everywhere. There is a good bit around the beaches. There are a few parks down there that let you ride in them during certain seasons, but Im not sure which ones. Ive been only a few times.

Old 01-21-2004, 12:45 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default south carolina?

I'm coming to Myrtle beach and need to know where to ride there!!!!

Old 04-29-2004, 10:03 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default south carolina?

Me and my buds have been riding Pacolet river for the last couple of months. The trails are ok. The river is fun. There is a place in Cherokee County where highways 211 and 105 split that has a lot of trails. You are supposed to get a membership which lets you use the campgrounds as well as the trails. Alot of good trails down there. Its where they had an atv poker run a few months back and a ton of riders showed up. I have heard of a place on Hwy. 221 just over the NC state line that has very good trails, got to get hooked up to the right people to find those trails. I have ridden in some peach orchards around Cowpens also.

Old 05-18-2004, 04:45 PM
Range Rover
Default south carolina?

I live in union and would really like to get together and check out the pacolet river and any other trails around gafney, cowpens....etc. I also can recommend one place in union and it's new but this fellow has 6 miles of tight trails with huge ruts in some spots so if you want to get muddy you can and also 2 mx tracks tabletops, doubles, tripples, etc,.... 10 bux all day if anyone needs info just pm me and if anyone wants to get together and rid just pm me we have a group of about 5 of us that ride together in union

Old 05-19-2004, 08:04 PM
Range Rover
Default south carolina?

Originally posted by: CharlieChan
Me and my buds have been riding Pacolet river for the last couple of months. The trails are ok. The river is fun. There is a place in Cherokee County where highways 211 and 105 split that has a lot of trails. You are supposed to get a membership which lets you use the campgrounds as well as the trails. Alot of good trails down there. Its where they had an atv poker run a few months back and a ton of riders showed up. I have heard of a place on Hwy. 221 just over the NC state line that has very good trails, got to get hooked up to the right people to find those trails. I have ridden in some peach orchards around Cowpens also.
Cowpens is my stomping grounds. Those peach fields are owned by some friends of my family. Youd be surprised how many people ride them. There are a ton of places around Pacolet, and then there is Chicken hill, and the tunnel under 85 that people talk about. Holla at me sometime during the summer, me and some friends will give you the tour.

Old 05-20-2004, 08:03 AM
Range Rover
Default south carolina?

could someone tell me where to start the trail at the pacolet river. is it actually in pacolet because I only live 10 minutes from there. Could I like go to the dam and start riding I don't recollect any major trail there just the trail to the rocks and to the top of the dam

Old 05-23-2004, 09:07 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default south carolina?

The part of the Pacolet river where we ride is at I-85 near Kosa which is between Cowpens and Spartanburg. You could go to Mr.Waffle I think exit 83, park in the back and the trails start there. To get to the river you have to ride on a couple of country roads to get there or at least thats the only way I know to get there.

Old 05-23-2004, 09:47 PM
Range Rover
Default south carolina?

Yea, unless you unload your quads right next to it, you have to take a few backroads. There are about 4 entrances that I know of, I gotta start taking notes next time I ride. I know how to get there but I cant tell anyone because of the way I think. I got a photographic memory. I know it, but I dont know names. There is one that one entrance that is someones long driveway. Its a tight winding road. They dont mind so long as you dont cut across it and rut it out more. They like for you to come up the driveway itself and turn off it.
Most of the cops around the place dont really mind you riding on the roads as long as you obey the laws. Ive been riding them for about 3 years and Ive never had any trouble with them.
My buddy just screwed up his quad so Im not going to be riding for a while either. Ill probably save up and buy a new one or something. I need a new toy.

Old 02-10-2006, 02:08 AM
Trailblazer
Default south carolina?

hey LethalAudio can just anybody go and ride those trails at the Pacolet river or do you have to know somebody?

Old 02-18-2006, 07:28 PM
Range Rover
Default south carolina?

Anyone can ride them. Its right off the frontage road near the bridge, just pull off onto the dirt road beside the bridge, unload, and ride all you like.

BTW, I have my 01 250ex for sale if anyone is interested, email me at lethalaudio@bellsouth.net
Im asking $1900

Quick Reply: south carolina?