Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Rode Broken Bow, Ok.

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2003, 08:22 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rode Broken Bow, Ok.

Hey TEXMud,
I would apprecitate some of those waypoints and routes for the gps, that you have for the honobia and three rivers areas. I sent you an email wanting to know where you got the map of those areas cause I could sure use one. So if you could send me that info i would appreciate it. Send to chairman68@yahoo.com

thanks
okbow68

Old 07-23-2003, 10:49 PM
Pro Rider

I got an email but it looked like it was from a different person. What kind of GPS do you have? This will help me in getting that info to you.

Old 07-24-2003, 12:33 AM
Range Rover

TEXMud
I have two emails if you can respond to the chairman68@yahoo.com. I have a Garmin gpsmap 76s. Thanks for the help.

Old 07-24-2003, 10:38 PM
Pro Rider

Email has been sent. Its a zip file with 4 things in it.

- .mps file for MapSource
- .txt export of that above (incase you dont have mapsource)
- .erf export like above (incase you dont have mapsource)
- .jpg picture of maps I have made and rides

If you have MapSource, the MetroGuide CDs will put about 90-95% of the trails up there on your GPS.

Old 07-25-2003, 12:03 AM
Range Rover

TEXMud
Hey buddy I appreciate it a lot and I do have Mapsource. Again thanks. What version of Mapsource are you using? I have 4.13 and cant open the mapsource file. What program do you use to open the dxt. file?
Thanks
Okbow68

Old 07-25-2003, 12:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

TEXmud,

It seems like your the man to talk to about gps stuff, hope you've got time to answer a few questions I have. My wife just let me buy a Garmin GPS V after we got lost near WPG at midnight on our first trip there about a month ago. You mentioned that mapsource Metroguide has some of those trails on it, my GPS V came with the mapsource city select which I thought was the equivelant except that it supports the autorouting function of my GPS V. I loaded the maps for the WPG region and those trails didn't show up. I guess my question is. do have to get the metroguide and how much more stuff is in it, and does it support autorouting on my GPS V. thanks, Oh, WPG was a lot of fun, going back soon. any suggestions on where to ride next time. (Not too difficult my wife rides double with me). I am riding fun wheeler in lakeport this weekend, any suggestions, is it worth it?

Old 07-25-2003, 05:59 PM
Range Rover

creekrider,
In your gps V you should have the option on your mapsource options to show more or less detail on the loaded maps that you have in your gps V. I am not sure if the trails will show up on metroguide maps however. You might have to get the mapsource Topo maps before they show up.

Old 07-26-2003, 12:40 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hello Everyone
I am also interested in riding in this area, I only live about an hour and 15 minutes south of Broken Bow. I do have a couple of questions and would appreciate any help ya'll could give me:

The 25 dollar fee, it that per 4 wheeler or per rider?
Just like Pete, I would like to know if there is anywhere you can camp with a 5er so that you can ride right out on the trails and do not have to trailer every day?
It appears that the trails are just north of all of the parks and camping areas, it this correct and are the maps of the trails available online?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks
Clint

Old 07-28-2003, 12:29 AM
Pro Rider

okbow68, I have 5.02 which I downloaded as a free update to my 4.13 version. www.garmin.com has it posted here: http://www.garmin.com/support/downlo...ils.jsp?id=369. As far as opening those two exports, I went to the import section and sure enough the smart folks at Garmin made a program that exports to a file that is different than they can import. Try upgrading your verson and see if you cant read that MapSource file.

Old 07-28-2003, 12:32 AM
Pro Rider

Creekrider, Yes there is an option on your GPS V to turn on more detail. If you dont turn it on, little roads (like a forrest road in relation to a highway) wont show up. As far as the topo maps go, do NOT waste your time. They show topography, not trails. They are terrible to read while moving and slow to load.

Quick Reply: Rode Broken Bow, Ok.