Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Negley stip mines posted

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2000, 01:10 PM
jim
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Negley stip mines are now posted also. Everyone who has ridden both Hillsville & Negley always said they prefered Negley so my point was it was a great place to ride. My friends went there Saturday ready to ride & they piled up huge dirt piles w/ deep trenches on the other side w/ posted signs everywhere so he had to go to another place to ride. People have been riding there for over 20 years that I know of but not anymore. This was outside of Beaver county Pa heading toward Rodgers Ohio. It has been my experience that the more people that ride an area the greater the chance of it being shut down. A few people occationally passing through or riding an area doesn't get the attention, problems, trash, accidents, liability etc. This doesn't say much about telling others about great places to ride does it. It's a shame it has to be like that but I feel thats the way it is. Everyone on this forum seems to know the laws, issues etc but it's all the people who dont know or care about anything who is the problem & can very quickly get a place shut down. This might not be the case here but I wouldn't doubt it.
Jim

Old 04-26-2000, 12:32 AM
Trailblazer

Negley Has been posted and blocked off for two years.It was one of the first places I ever rode other than my back yard.I was sorry to see it go but they seem determined to keep it shut down.Every time the 4x4's make a way over the dirt they bring more from the active mine across the road and fill it in again.

No way negley was was better than hillsville unless you were just learning to ride your particular atv.Too small an area,two small of hills.

Looks like it's gonna be a real busy year in wellsville this year,
Greg

Old 04-27-2000, 08:50 PM
Trailblazer

negley was shut down because of trash, my uncle works there. people were bringing all kinds of trash there and dumping it and the workers had to clean it up, they got tired of it and closed it.