Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

little sahara state park

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2000, 10:25 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my friends and i are planning a trip to little sahara. we have never been there and have only seen internet photos of the place. any info or input would be greatly appreciated. we would be bringing banshees and 400exs. are there other places to ride other than the dunes? what about camping/lodging?

Old 04-25-2000, 10:57 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Old 04-26-2000, 09:34 AM
Trailblazer

2stroke, Look at the web site that Scooby has on his reply. I have been there with my kids and had a great time. The motel is cheap enough that you don't have to camp unless you want to. The food in the little restraunt is also quite reasonable. Be sure you bring a tall flag because they require them. There are local vendors for wheeler parts if you break anything or find you forgot something. All in all it is a blast for us guys that have to travel to find some sand. There is a camping area--one with electricity and one primitive. There are public bathrooms and showers. Porta potties are placed around the camping area and you can ride your wheeler to them if you don't want to walk. My son is going back in about two or three weeks. I can't go this time since i'll be working that week end. Also if you have some buddies that are reluctant to go cause they have a ute instead of a sport ride tell them to come on. I have a 300 4x4 honda and a 250 recon and had a blast on them. They have everything imagenable there from bikes to dune buggies. All in all have a great time. Have a great time.

Gardner10 '99 sp500

Old 04-26-2000, 10:41 PM
Range Rover

One of my favorite places to ride! We have relatives near Wichita so we go out to Little Sahara about twice a year.

There's about 1,500 acres to ride on. It's mostly hills but there is some trails to ride on. The hills are about 75'-100' high. Be careful of the razors. A hill may look rounded but the other side may drop straight off!

You'll need a 8' flag to ride. If you don't have one there's a little shop about a 1/4 mile north of the park that has them, you can get there on your quad. Try the little buggy shop next door to the quick shop because they have a lifetime guarantee on the flag. If it breaks just bring the pieces back and they'll give you a new one. I've taken advantage of that a couple of times. It costs $6.00 to ride per day at the park.

Most people camp at the park. It has both primitive and electrical sites. The electrical sites are $12.00, not sure on the primitive sites.
The is a little motel about two miles north of the park that some people stay at as well.

You may want to check out the web site of the park. www.waynoka.com This is the web site for the town nearby, there is also a link for the park.

I'm not sure when our next trip will be. Post a reply when you get back and let me know what you think. HAVE FUN!

Old 04-26-2000, 11:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

thanks for the info. we are planning to go the weekend of the 12th of may. this place sounds like what we are looking for. we all are ready for the dunes. is this a busy place during the summer?