Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Easter Weekend at La Dunes

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2003, 10:56 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Easter Weekend at La Dunes

I had plans to go to Lil Sahara for Easter Weekend but now that is not going to happen so it looks like we will be going to La Dunes instead. I was just wondering who was going out there and when you will be there.

Old 04-15-2003, 11:07 AM
Pro Rider

the wife and i are looking to run up there for friday but then we have the rest of the weekend to spend time with family . i'm looking into getting a used shee from a friend so my wife can ride with us . we'll see closer to friday

Old 04-15-2003, 12:03 PM
Pro Rider

I will be there Thursday maybe Friday but we will probrably stay all weekend.....My wife will also be with me, don't forget your streamer for your flag so we all reconize each other.....I will be in a white ex cab chevy with a Oneal racing Decal in the back window so if you see us come over and chat!

Old 04-15-2003, 12:11 PM
Pro Rider

We're not going Easter weekend but are planning on going the weekend after. Anyone going the weekend of the 26th?

Old 04-15-2003, 01:28 PM
Pro Rider

i'm limited to certian weekends due to work schedule . {And the tag along wife and kids i dont wanna leave them out } I'll look out for ya Shaunon friday if i can get that shee for my wife hell she will make me ride it she prefers the dale anyhow . if we make it friday i'll bring my kids 2 of em anyhow my oldest daughter and the middle boy 11 & 6 so i'llsee what happens . and get with ya as time gets closer ......damnit i need to go . cure the minor itch . LOL

Kajun if i dont do Easter weekend I'm shooting for the next so we'll see one way or the other .

Old 04-16-2003, 12:28 AM
Pro Rider

Hey yall, ill be there on friday with my bud's. I just got my KXF-700 today and when I get to work tommorow im gonna order me some paddles for it. Hope to see ya out there, ill be on a Green Kawi KXF-700. I look forward to meeting some of you.

Old 04-16-2003, 10:47 AM
Pro Rider

You better get next day delivery on those paddles b/c if you don't you will not have them Friday! It took 6 days for mine to come in. See ya there!

Old 04-16-2003, 08:00 PM
Pro Rider

I ordered them from MTA and there in west louisiana and im in shreveport. All our orders come next day from them. I know what u mean, ive ordered alot of stuff for my jet ski from R&D in cali and it takes 5-6 days. And special shipping is over 60 bucks extra depending on the product. But were leaving shreveport at about 8 on friday and should be there by 11 or so.

Old 04-17-2003, 06:13 AM
Pro Rider

Heck paddles no padles up there it really doesnt seem to make much of a difference the sand is so rough and whooped i ran my holeshots for the first several trips . And last trip { 2 weeks } ago it just seemed as bad or worse . though the wind was shooting through at about 25-30 mph so it was nice on the backside of a few areas . then we just rode mostly through the outer edges and flat out hauled .

Man i am hope i can at least do one day this 4 day weekend but it looks more and more like i'll have to wait till next sunday CHIT . I'm getting nominated for the cooking Friday & Sunday boiled crawfish Friday & BB-Q Sunday Geez i guess i should have just let my Grandfather be the MAN now i got big oleshoes to fill LOL .

Shaunon did you just pay for the day @ the track Gravity alley or did you get the yearly membership ? I was talking to the wife last night and we kinda agreed on a track membership v/s a gym membership . she said she would be there more than the gym and so would i . Hell i drive in front of it twice daily to and from work and still havent ridden it yet !!!!!

AND to top it all off yesterday my lady was scooting around and just so happens she throws a bolt from the sprocket and gouges the swingarm and locked up the rear but it turned out just a twisted bolt so i was able to get it running again "WHEW" got some new bolts and just have to buff back a bit where it gouged and everything is gonna be all good ! just more work for someone already tied up !

Old 04-17-2003, 12:07 PM
Pro Rider

I never did make it to Gravity Alley I went to Toledo Bend and we did not pay b/c no one was there!....Hope you get to break away and make it this weekend

///highlifter I will be there when you get there so look for me.

Quick Reply: Easter Weekend at La Dunes