Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

southern new jersey were to trail ride

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2003, 09:01 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default southern new jersey were to trail ride

i might go back and check it out.
firefighter--send me a e-mail

cgmlawns@yahoo.com

Old 04-26-2003, 11:00 PM
Range Rover

i went there today and went to the pioneer bldg. and seen noone was there...

i felt kind of shackey leaving my truck and trailer there while we rode so we left...

if i seen more trucks there i would have felt more confortable....

is that were they park?

ant

Old 04-26-2003, 11:30 PM
Trailblazer

Yes thats it or you can drive back there along tracks.

Old 04-27-2003, 02:14 AM
Range Rover

IT DIDNOT LOOK wide enough to drive your truck along tracks..
ant

Old 04-27-2003, 07:24 PM
Trailblazer

Its a tight fit but youll make it or just park over by the animal shelter at the other end of the lot there is usually some cars there on weekends.

Old 05-11-2003, 01:49 AM
Pro Rider

Adamant
Did you ride it yet
I live in South NJ too Very hot here now
Can you drop me Pm with direstion to this spot .Maybe If you want we can hookup
Thanks in Advance Gb

Old 05-11-2003, 03:08 AM
Trailblazer

I rode there many times last year. I parked along one of the roads past the water treatment fac. I have on several occasions seen patrol cars comming and going and they have never stopped to even ask a question of me. The police have a gun practice range out there so it's not uncommon to see them comming and going.

The only thing that bothers me is that they closed the big gate that allowd me to drive in around the water treatment plant rather than thru it or along the tracks. The tracks are part of the new light raail system and will see greatly increased traffic this year. And the rear gate of the treatment plant can be closed whenever they want to. My car would not make it along the tracks. So the only way I could go in would be to park off the property and atv in along the tracks.

I haven't gone back there yet this year because I was takking a hint from the closed gate that they were trying to keep people out this year. I hope I was wrong about this because its very close for me. Its great when I only have a couple of hours or so becuase it only takes me 30 mins to get there.

My favorite places are also along the Deleware river but about an hour away. They are dredging facilities. They have signs up that say No fishing, no ATVs no tresspassing but all summer long the gates are left open on saturday and sunday. I think the signs are just there so they are not liable if you get injured. I would not recommend going there on a weekday because during the week they are still activly working out there building levvys and dykes and stuff like that... But on the weekends, you would commonly see a few ATVers and even more people fishing. A thing to keep in mind: While it seems we have the run of the place on the weekends all summer, sometime in mid fall, they begin activly dredging. Even on weekends. They will close ALL entrances, even littles ones you may have made yourselfs. Take the hint at that point. They don't want us there at that time. It will reopen in the spring!

On my last trip last year to the facility near Ft. Mott, I was stopped by the police and my name and my brothers names were taken. It seems that just that week new gates and locks had been installed and new signs put up and before we arrived, some die-hard nutt had tourched thru the gate and torn the sign down. The police werent arresting anyone, just takking some names. Now I didn't even notice the gate, it looked just like last years broken gate. But I could see that someone had actively plowed up every other entrance makking them unusable.

The moral of the story is--- These places arent ours. We are using them without permission. If you want to continue using them without fear of trouble with the police or govt, then take the hint. When you see obvious efforts to close entrences, take the hint and leave them alone till the following spring.

Old 06-01-2003, 01:42 AM
Trailblazer

About the Pennsauken location:

I've been there 3 times reecently, parking in the lot at the Pioneer building. I have seen a patrol car 2 of the 3 times and no hassles. I think they only closed the old gate because they are working just beyond in with heavy equipment. The gravel along the tracks is passable I guess if you have 4 wheel drive, piece of cake for the ATV, but I would leave my car out by the street.

By the way, the street name is Griffith-Morgan for anyone who was having trouble finging it.

Old 03-09-2004, 04:32 PM
Trailblazer

Ok, I know a very good place to ride down in silver ridge. the trails are in the silver ridge apartments complex. i have never gotten busted there because most people there are young and dont care. Also that track used to be used but now no one goes there ever because if you go down to crystal lake in either dover or manchester (i dont know which one) the cops will chase you out. So the one day i just rode the trail down until i got behind these apartments and no one bothered me ever since i have been goin here. ive been all alone here and its pretty nice except it gets boring with knowing no other people dont go here so try to come because its a blast with alot of whoops ramps and birms and plenty of different trails for people.

Old 03-09-2004, 06:04 PM
Trailblazer

bad news. the police are on quads again (pathetic) theyre terrible. in silver ridge, ocean county, dover township, and manchester. the paper says that if you get caught you get your quad impounded.

Quick Reply: southern new jersey were to trail ride