Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

anyone ride in nor-cal?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2003, 03:41 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone ride in nor-cal?

Provided I can fix my bike in between finals - I plan on camping/riding pismo over memorial..
Just don't have a damn overnight permit. It's a long walk from the parking lot to the dunes!

Old 05-15-2003, 04:03 PM
Weekend Warrior

It is somewhat hard to find but just take the Maxwell exit off highway 5. Make a left towards the mountains and just keep driving. When you finally see the town of Stonyford, you'll see the country store, post office etc. then you'll need to look for the road about 100 yards away by the Ranger station. Take that road another 10 miles or so then it takes you right down to the campsites. Here's a website that might help you find it http://www.employees.org/~calridng/stnyfrd.html.
I was up there on Christmas Eve and my buddy and me were the only people in the entire place, no one anywhere all day! Sorry to hear you didn't get a reservation at Pismo, I had to get mine the first week of February to be safe.

Old 05-15-2003, 06:51 PM
Pro Rider

hey BUDXXX, you will be right near sand mtn, nv for memorial day weekend. You should come over, thats where we will be. There will be thousands of people there, it will be awesome. How about the 3rd weekend in june then maybe, maybe we could ride up in the sierra's instead, it would be cooler temps. I believe there is some good riding up around sonora and stuff. anybody know, i havent ridden in the mtn's much. We could find a lake to camp by and fish or swim or whatever too. Sean

Old 05-26-2003, 02:47 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hey, finally people who ride in nor cal. lol. I live in Antelope in Sacramento. I live like 30 min from prarie city. Try out marysville! But be careful. Its not a state park so people can be dumb. Especially all the hicks who dont wear helmets. Dumbest thing. The river runs through it too so alot of things to do. Damn you people who can afford them quads. One of these day one of these days. How old are you all? If your interested or plan on riding at p city or anywhere near email me at JoeWell69@hotmail.com.[img]i/express...small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 05-27-2003, 01:19 PM
Range Rover

Stonyford - It's worth the hour and a half drive!
There are SO MANY trails - I couldn't run but maybe a quarter of them in one weekend. Thanks to those who gave directions - that place is awesome. I will try and stay a week next time. And I met another fellow ATC250R owner... Who'd a thought? Hope you all had a blast over memorial. I sure did.

Old 05-28-2003, 01:19 AM
Trailblazer

I'm in Vacaville. Went to Georgetown with some neighbors over the weekend. Lots of trails. Have also been to Forrest Hill, Mammoth Bar, and Carnegie. Go to Prairie City quite often (Only a 1 hour scoot up there from Cow Town). Want to try out Knoxville. Does anybody know how long of a drive it is?

Old 05-28-2003, 11:29 AM
Pro Rider

Yeah we all met at the abandoned iron mine outside Lovelock, on thursday morning. Had some great riding. From the campspot we couild hit numerous trails thru the mountains 80 mile rides are common, the bikes are OK, but the quads all run out of gas, but there are lots of shorter rides..... or we could get out on the dry lake bed, and you could spend all day out there, in the sand like material... Great views up to 100 miles. Shooting in every direction, at the same time.....not to mention the Oxygen-Acetilene/Propane/Gasoline cocktails set off by a tracer.....Oh yeah, I bet they saw it in Fallon....hahahahaha!

Would like to go back to Sand mountain, especially with the new Quad. But one of the reasons we go to the dry lake bed, is because there is NOBODY out there, at all! I will be going out to Sand Mountain before too long though...It's just too cool crowded or not...

On the way home Sunday, returning to the bay area on I-80, I bet I say 200 trucks hauling Bikes and quads, Numerous Toy Haulers, some driving way too fast....

Anyway, mid June, maybe, but 17 year old going to Japan for two weeks starting June 14, 30 year old having birthday party in LA the next weekend......I don't know, I sure would like to........but it's starting to not look too good......

I have to wait to see how June unfolds....

Old 05-28-2003, 11:30 AM
Pro Rider

Where in the Sierra's can you get a decent ride??

Old 05-28-2003, 11:32 AM
Pro Rider

Where in Marysville? right there by the river bed and freeway?? How far does it go...?

Old 05-28-2003, 01:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

Just got back from Pismo. Very nice, a little crowded and a pretty windy in the afternoons like usual. How is Forrest Hill? I was thinking of going up there sometime this month. I love Mammoth Bar but it's a little too small for me.
Knoxville is about an hour to an hour and a half from Vacaville the distance is only like 50 miles but the road is very curvy, I go from Fairfield and it takes me just a little over an hour with a trailer. It's about 10-15 miles north of Lake Berryssa. It's pretty hard to find however, you know you are going the right direction once you go past the Lake and cross about 10-12 creek crossings, actually it's the same creek but the road keeps taking you accross the creek. There's a dirt road on the left about 5-8 miles past the creek crossings that's the enterance, there's a small wood sign that says Knoxville. It's usually pretty empty there, in a full day of riding on a spring or summer weekend you might see 5-10 people, probably because they were the only one's who could find it.

01' 400ex - white bros e-series slip on, K&N power kit, Renthal bars, Holeshot XCR tires, Gecko tires for the sand

Quick Reply: anyone ride in nor-cal?