Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Any other Maryland Riders out there ???

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2003, 05:05 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any other Maryland Riders out there ???

I ride the OHV trails in GreenRidge state forest. although all the good Branch off trails are blocked off because of Moron riders that are stupid, it is still a cool place to ride. (Although it may not last much longer thanks to the Morons) anyone else ride in maryland? im looking for Public accsess trails and ride areas in, near, or within distance of western MD. or maybe even Private trails if i can get permission(Yeah Right). i already know the DNR public lands and buy my sticker every year, im also looking for places to bring along my little causins on there quads too.

Old 04-28-2003, 04:21 PM
Trailblazer

Sorry, THere is NOTHING in Maryland. This State Sucks!!!! I've been trying to organize a group to lobby for some access to more public land but no one seems interested. What's up with the trail closings? I haven't heard anything about that.

Old 05-04-2003, 10:49 PM
Pro Rider

Yes, the trail closings where withing the last 2 years. but thats just in Green-Ridge, i havent been to any of the other Public DNR trails like Savage or the others. but im sure they did there annoying closings up there too. you can still ride the main trail, which is "Stafford rd." and "East Valley rd."
have you ever been there? it is still a cool place to ride, but the smaller trails that are now blocked where what made that area so enjoyable. by the way, what part of Frederick do you live in?

Old 05-05-2003, 12:32 PM
Trailblazer

I live Just west of Frederick city. On top of Gambrill Mountian - accross from the water shed. There are some great trails through there but jsut for the mountian bikers. I'd like to try to get some access to them but no one seems interested in putting any effort into it.

That sucks that they closed those trails. Is there any chance that they will re-open them? Why did they close them? I was planning on making a trip up there in the summer - maybe next month.

Old 05-05-2003, 10:45 PM
Range Rover

I think I can speak for myself and 4 of my freinds when I say that we would be willing to help a good bit in doing whatever needs to be done to get more trails open. Which would involve what? We all just bought raptors and z400s in the last 2 weeks and are dying for good places to ride, we're all in blatimore and harford counties.

TJ
03 Raptor

Old 05-06-2003, 12:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

I'm down in Southern MD, and unless you know someone w/ land, it's hard to find a place to ride for free, or even just for the reg fees that DNR charges. There's an "ATV park" down here, but they charge like $650 a yr and are only open on Fri-Sun....what a rip! How are the area's up there (DNR) ? I've been tempted to take a trip up, but that's a few hours drive for me, are the trails worth the trip?? I work w/ about 7-8 other ATV guys (mostly Polaris, but a few Hondas) that would be interested in supporting some type of effort to get trails opened up.

Old 05-06-2003, 02:17 PM
Trailblazer

Cool, if you're interested in helping out send me an e-mail at trespas2003@yahoo.com. I got a few others that have e-mailed me. I'm trying to set up a distribution list of people willing to help. That way we can all stay informed. I'm not sure what it will be involved; I would think it would require signing a petition or maybe sending an e-mail to elected officials - I'm in the process of getting with the ATVA to see what help they can offer. As I get started I can let you know what we have to do through the e-mail I set up. Also, have all of your friends e-mail me as well. One thing I'm sure of is that we will need plenty of bodies. All these guys look at are numbers.

Old 05-09-2003, 03:17 PM
Pro Rider

the DNR trails can be cool, but like i said before, all the smaller trials have been closed off. but all they did was put up a small plastic post on all of them that says "No ATVing" so you can still ride on them as long as theres no DNR around(LMAO). but it is risky, for the DNR up here are(i cant say what i want to say), but you get the picture now. but the cool thing is there are campsites right on the main trail and the cost for one or two nights isnt that much. it is alot of fun if you get a couple riders togeather and get a site or two for the weekend. therefor you just wake up and ride, and do the same thing the next day.

Old 05-11-2003, 03:40 AM
Trailblazer

Do you know of any eastern Maryland places to ride? I found one small one along the northern shore of the C&D cannal just inside the maryland boarder. While I was there, a local sheriff showed up, noted everyone was wearing their helmets, and left. He didn't even look or ask for registrations or stickers.

So my first impression of Maryland for ATV riding was V good. But I'm from Jersey and would mostly be interested in places closer to Deleware and S.E. PA.

Old 05-11-2003, 04:33 PM
Pro Rider

i found a good riding area just accross the state line in PA. it is located in "Bedford County" PA. it is "Buchanon state forest".i drove through and found a Sherrif/Ranger and got some info on the ATV trails up there. he said that as long as your atv is registered in MD and you have the "DNR sticker" than you can legally ride those trails. he gave me a couple maps and there are quite a few trails that are several miles long. so it seems to be a cool place to ride. as soon as i get my new quad im going to check it out.

Quick Reply: Any other Maryland Riders out there ???