Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

So. Calif.-Stolen Trailers, the Indian Reservation Connection???

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2003, 03:55 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default So. Calif.-Stolen Trailers, the Indian Reservation Connection???

My friend got his Weekend Warrior stolen last fall. Now this wasn't all bad, because he collected the insurance and moved up to a bigger rig which he needed anyway. Well he got a call last week from a storage yard and they said they had his trailer. This is what happened:

A few weeks ago, the thief's truck (with the trailer) broke down on the freeway near Banning. The CHP had the rig towed away, but THEY DIDN'T EVEN BOTHER TO CHECK THE REGISTRATION ON THE TRAILER!! The thief tracked down his truck, got it out of the storage yard, but of course didn't take the hot trailer. After having the trailer on their yard unclaimed, the storage yard tried to sell it. Of course the registration didn't check out, so they then tracked it back to my friend. Anyway, they said the thief's truck was registered to an address ON THE INDIAN RESERVATION!!! Now just putting two and two together, this all makes sense. YOU STEAL TRAILERS AND HIDE THEM UP ON THE RESERVATION WHERE LAW ENFORCEMENT CAN'T LOOK FOR THEM!! The Sheriff now has the guys name and address, but I don't know if there is a warrant out for him or not.

Old 04-30-2003, 11:11 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting. I am glad I have my trailer on my property. It seems that most of the stolen toy haulers are taken from storage facilites.

Old 04-30-2003, 07:14 PM
Red Rider

This one was taken right off his driveway, at 4:00 in the afternoon, in a nice neighborhood.

Old 05-02-2003, 12:06 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man that does not make me feel good. Do you know what kind of locks he had on it for protection? I have a gorilla lock on the tongue, plus a hardened lock through the pin on the tongue, plus a kryptonite cable lock through the wheels. I guess if they want it after getting through all that, then they really want it and thats when insurance kicks in.

Old 05-02-2003, 01:20 AM
Red Rider

He just had a lock on the tongue. Didn't help much!! I put a Kryptonite NY U-lock through the spokes of my wheels, then run a NY chain between the U-locks and up around the frame.