Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Madera

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2000, 10:21 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had to work. Just wondering how many riders, how much mud?

Old 04-30-2000, 11:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

I just got back from Madera. I think the number of riders was 1380. There was not to much mud there that i seen, not like Cochranton anyway. It was a pretty good time, not too many bottle necks, But I heard a guy was airlifted out of there. I dont have any details on what happened, not even sure if it is true. L8ER

Old 05-01-2000, 06:00 PM
Pro Rider

I was there too. Haven't ate that much dust in a long time. Pretty good ride when in the woods. Only seen a few breakdowns. I won 10 bucks and my buddy won a set of tiedowns. Pretty good as there were only 3 in our group. I heard around 1100 riders. I was #342. If you saw 3 guys cooking along the trail, that was us. Will do that one again. Hope it rains the morning of the ride.

Old 05-01-2000, 08:55 PM
Pro Rider

1380 I think is the right count. Ouch I am so sore!! Did it twice. Me? rider#24

Was 16th rider in and 5th out. All most got killed on the way out. As the exit was the same trail as the trail in (with no signs for two way traffic) almost had two head on's coming out while everybody was racing in.

There were two injuries, one guy endo'ed a bike on the rail tracks, coughing up blood (going to fast) airlifted. And the second was in the same place I almost wrecked! (Guy snapped arm)

Right past the second check point (at the coal piles) I high tailed it out of the checkpoint. Hit third gear and was doing about 40 down the short dirt road when I came up on a hidden wash out real quick. With my mind going AHHHhhhh! I put the throttle to the bar in third. And pulled up on the bars hard to try and skim it.......Well it didn't work, the whole bike bottomed out and went sailing in a twisted contorted way into the air for about fifteen feet. With my only control being my hands (and my mind saying your not goanna make this!!!) Some how I came down, bounced once in the right direction and then regained control, and kept going. Whooooo that was close.

Then there was this pesky dirt bike 125 in front of me throwing rocks and dust for about three miles, till he over shot a turn. I cut to the inside and passed him!! Eat this MF, Never saw him again!!

Over all very nice ride, Rock climes were brutal on skid and frame but an enjoyable challenge. Also some deep mud in the valleys along with some very nice tight woods.

Old 05-01-2000, 11:00 PM
Pro Rider

I bet your sore after doin' it twice. How about that long rocky,really rocky down hill. Yea, I know what you mean about the exit, they need to put some signs up for 2-way traffic.