Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Nova Scotian tree huggers

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2003, 04:34 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nova Scotian tree huggers

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] See these idiots beating up on the ATV owners again. They say we're virtually destroying this provinces land by running on " sensitive wetlands" and such. Guess the 25 ton skidders hauling logs out don't count for s*it! All these tree hugging hippies that never leave Halifax are on the bandwagon, don't know their *** from a hole in the ground but think it's a good thing to support between joints and hits of acid. It's coming boys, regulation and a trail permit system, guess that's supposed to fix all the damage created by a few careless idiots out there. Respect the woods that you're in and the people that own it and this problem goes away. Don't respect it and we're all going to be riding in "approved areas" Can you imagine 50,000 bikes in a square KM? Think about it.

Old 05-11-2003, 02:33 AM
Pro Rider

Well said. I'm speechless.

Old 05-11-2003, 03:11 AM
Range Rover

Like I said in my Street Legal Quads? thread...part of the problem are the scientist that are tellin all these @#%@! hippies that the earth is warming up because of stuff like our ATVs, big trucks, classic cars, etc. and you know what they mean by "Global Warming"? All they are talking about is a friggin increase of 1.3-1.6 degrees EVERY 100 YEARS. God I hate tree huggers...those people have too much time on their hands and need to get a life...I sugguest ATVs...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]. My grandmother has about 400 acres of land around my house and she lets us rip up and down it and has even let me build a track on it. Ive had people try and tell us we are tearing up the land...I just laugh in their face and inform them that its MY FAMILIES LAND and they have to get off it before I call the police, but thats only if they **** me off, Im usually very lenient. Thats one of the few advantages of living in the south eastern US...the imbred redneck hicks are annoying, but the wooded areas are great for riding. I just wish some of those hippies would come down my way...I have a few choice words for them....see how upset Ive gotten just talkin' about them? All I can say is ride as much as you can now...those changes you speak of probably arent to far off.

Old 10-08-2006, 10:35 PM
Range Rover

Bluethumb
I hear what you say about the tree farmers..The trails around here are turning into dusty logging roads. I would much rather be on a trail in the woods..Again they complain about a 12 ft ATV trail and say nothing about the thousands of acers destroyed everyday..it's all about money..
One thing I like about ATVing is getting out into the woods..we need to some how stop the clear cutting..They can do select cutting and it doesn't do near the damage

Old 10-08-2006, 11:16 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Do you have a balloon?

I was once quoted, " I know this planet needs taken care of, BUT I HATE TREE HUGGERS!

I am sorry you guys are running into these problems now also. I have to put my quad into the pick up and drive atleast an hour to ride legally. In the state the is only a half a dozen free legal places to ride, that are worth going to. Some are 3-4 hours away.

Old 10-09-2006, 03:51 PM
Pro Rider

I have no problems supporting a trail permit system if the money for the permits goes into the upkeep of the trail systems and policing of idiots.

In Newfoundland they keep coming up with new rules and regulations regarding the operation of ATV's, but they still do nothing about policing it, so what's the point? We have a 9 or 10 year old that runs rampant in our neighborhood (dirt road). He'll go as fast as his Canadian Tire 90 will let him, then locks on the brakes. Does nothing but stir up dust. He's nearly been hit by motorists several times because he doesn't watch where he's going. Spends more time looking at his tracks than where he's headed.

I hear what you're saying about the tree farmers though .. nobody cares about that (in politics anyway). Select cutting in their eyes only takes more time and reduces profit margins. To hell with the environment when it gets in the way of making quick $$

I've heard though, that in the next 50 years, the average global temperature will increase by 5 degrees. That may not seem like a lot, but in my lifetime so far (36 years) I've seen drastic changes in our seasons in Atlantic Canada. We used to get heaps of snow through the winters, starting in November and staying good into April. Now, we're lucky to get January to March. And it's not consistant either .. you could have a winter with nearly no snow one year, and then have a record breaker the next ... There'll be tough times for generations ahead I fear ...

Old 10-09-2006, 05:41 PM
Range Rover

NLWarrior01
A guy I ride with is from Newfoundland.He's goes back over and rides the trails that use to be the old train tracks..Some day I would love to go over too..

Old 10-09-2006, 05:57 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, you can get pretty much right across the province on the old rail bed. It's what's called the newfoundland t'railway. It was actually on that rail bed a month ago or so, that someone strung up a wire across the trail. Luckily the youth that hit the wire was wearing a helmet and suffered nothing more than a cut nose. It could have been sooooo much worse.

I've covered the old rail bed now basically from my home to central Newfoundland (Gander). I'm missing only a part of the rail bed from a town called Holyrood to a little place called Mahers. I think that stretch is probably around 20 - 30km, but not entirely sure. Sure makes for good riding though.