Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Lookin for greatlakes area campgrounds or good places to ride

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2003, 11:27 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lookin for greatlakes area campgrounds or good places to ride

Long story short.Our good orv campground we usually go to at least 15 times a year ( Ogemaw sport n trail , in Mi ),took a major dive.We used to be allowed to ride all night and party all night long.New owners took over and now it kinda sucks.I guess its not his fault the dnr and insurance rides him good so he has to stop all the oldways...Anyways i was wondering is anyone knew of anywhere we could possibly try out for memorial day or any weekend.We need somewhere new and good to ride.

Maybe a campground with some loose rules.Night riding w/the machines and trucks is kinda a must.We like to have big fires and party all night long.I know is sounds like were asking for alot but there has got to be somewhere else around michigan or greatlakes area like this.

Even if not any good suggestions of some good orv campgrounds or even places to camp with good riding would be appreciated.Thanks

Old 05-14-2003, 12:45 AM
Trailblazer

Carrieville, Mi

They have a campground right on the trails, and are usually pretty crazy. Maybe have to show up early to get a site, as it is a state park... but I see everything you are describing almost every weekend I am there!

Old 05-14-2003, 01:05 AM
Weekend Warrior

What about the dnr?They around alot?Lots of trails to ride,any technical stuff like hills and such near any of the trails?The only thing is it being a state park,prob cant have big fires and loud parties.We basicaly ride around ogemaw,rose city area.Many trails but to many dnr on major weekends.If you can give me anymore info on this place it would be cool.Also were abouts is the campgrounds located?Thanks

Also the name of the campground would good thanks.

Old 05-14-2003, 08:48 AM
Pro Rider

I guess I'm kind of wondering just what the problem with the 'DNR' was over in Ogemaw/Rose City and why anybody would be so worried about how many of them we have 'around', here in West Michigan?

Far as I know; you can:

#1) Ride all night on LEGAL trails anywhere in Michigan

and

#2) Build a fire and stay up all night on anybody's property that will allow it.

Two things you CAN'T do are drink/drive, stray off the designated trail, build illegal fires or be loud enough to bother others when they are trying to sleep...........what a concept!

How our local 'DNR' figures so heavily into the above reality; would, I guess, be 'my' question.................................

Old 05-14-2003, 12:10 PM
Trailblazer

The campgrounds are right on Kings Highway and 3 Mile(i think it's 3-mi)... The trails pass right next to the campgrounds, and there is a gas station across the street that you are able to ride up to for gas and food/beer, ect...

I haven't seen alot of DNR in the area unless it's a big holiday weekend. The park get's quite a few people staying there, so it can get crowded.

Being a state park, you can't have a huge fire ragin' outta control, but you can have a decent size fire as fire pits are provided.

There are close to 100 miles or more of trails that you can get to from the campgrounds without having to trailer anything. The trails have some nice straight-aways, and a few hills, lots of winding areas.

on a scale of 1-5 in difficulty, I'd give it a 2, maybe... <shrug>