Yamaha Side by Sides Talk about the durable Yamaha Sport and Utility

Why Buy A Rhino? I'm torn and need help! PLEASE!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 04:03 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why Buy A Rhino? I'm torn and need help! PLEASE!

Hello all,

It's been a while since my last post. I hope to find someone that can give me a thought or two... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Should I buy a Rhino? Here's the reason why I'm considering one.....

I currently own a golf cart and a Polaris Scrambler. I don't ride the Scrambler much anymore and spend more time on my golf cart as it's more comfortable. I would like to be able to use the Scramber for some minor work around my house but it's geared too high and I don't want to damage the machine by towing my boat (15 footer) and other minor jobs. Not to mention the Scrambler has no storage for tools, etc.

The golf cart doesn't have the power to assist in work either but I enjoy tooling around my land exploring.

I'm considering selling both the Scramber and Golf cart for a Rhino.

I test drove a Rhino 450 the other day (Dealer didn't have a 660). The 450 seemed very sluggish and although I didn't get into the throttle, it felt like it didn't have much power to offer. I'm interested in the 660 but I'm afraid that I'll miss my quad. Most of my quad riding has been trail oriented with some rough terrain and mud. Can I have as much fun on a Rhino as my quad? I'm not interested in high speeds and or jumps. Mostly exploring.

Do you have a Rhino 660? Is it adequately powered? Do you use it like I've mentioned?

I've also considered the Polaris RZR but I think it would also be geared high like my scrambler (too high to tow my boat). Probably will not go that route.

Any info you could provide would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Old 08-24-2007, 04:54 PM
Weekend Warrior

have had my rhino for 4 wqeeks. never rode an atv prior - i love it. exploring is awesome - you can roll over downed trees that are 2 feet in diameter - go through a foot of mud (prob not w/ stock tired). seriously from what i have heard once you get a rhino you will not miss your quad.

for the money i'd suggest a 660 simply because as a percent of hte total cost it's not too muhc more to upgrade - look to ebay for some used units - they hold their value well but will drop as the newer units hit the market.

Old 08-24-2007, 05:21 PM
Pro Rider

If your going to be towing a lot you might want to wiat because about everyone suspect that for 2008 the Rhino will have a 686cc engine with powersteering and efi.

Old 08-24-2007, 06:14 PM
Pro Rider

somewhat agree with crusher....the only downside to me is going to be the price.you will beable to get a 660 rhino for alot less than a 700r rhino. eather way i think you whould love the rhino.

Old 08-24-2007, 06:30 PM
Pro Rider

yeah the price is the downside. didn't the grizzlies go up like $1000 when yamaha came out with the 700(not sure), but it will probably be the same for the rhino.

Old 08-25-2007, 12:15 AM
Trailblazer

Anyone know what the release date might be for the 08 Rhino?

Thanks for your replies!

Old 08-25-2007, 12:23 AM
Pro Rider

i can't say for sure, but they will probably be out around november.

Old 08-25-2007, 03:18 PM
Trailblazer

Kawasaki has a Teryx. It uses the 750 V Twin. Other than it being first year, it looks like something to think about. Kawasaki Teryx

Old 08-26-2007, 12:20 AM
Weekend Warrior

i got the rhino 450 a 07 , love it better than any atv i've been on . you can ride all day and your back want bother you . or aleast mine don't. for the price the 450 was worth it to me , i'm not a power fan but seems the 450 will do all i need , pull my 15 bass boat around the yard with no problem, to me the best thing i could have got . ether way think you'll love it ...

Old 08-26-2007, 10:31 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks Popper!

Anyone have a Rhino and feel it's under powered? I see a ton of MOD's for these things. I'd rather not go that route if I didn't have to.

Quick Reply: Why Buy A Rhino? I'm torn and need help! PLEASE!