Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

why the RAPTOR will always be the king... IMO

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2003, 07:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why the RAPTOR will always be the king... IMO

Originally posted by: CTRaptor
and for those dyno runs prox did you have both the pipe and airbox mod on at the same time for this supposed 11.2 hp gain??
I think he was adding numbers from this and that. You know the K&N gave me 25hp and the Cold air induction tube gave me 10hp so I now have 35hp more scenarios.

I hear the kids at the local parts store doing this all the time.

Sent you email with the link, It looks as though I redlighted but the time slip on that page shows I had a near perfect reaction to his slow reaction.

Old 05-21-2003, 07:50 PM
Pro Rider

Nice, was that your truck or the car that purred??

Old 05-21-2003, 08:03 PM
Pro Rider

Truck is louder than the Car so truck was the purring (3" exahust from headers, mufflers 3"center in 3" center out) basically straight exhaust.

Old 05-21-2003, 08:56 PM
Pro Rider

predator530

Look at the numbers. Yamaha has over 50% of the sport quad market....mostly due to the Raptor. But the Banshee, Blaster, and Warrior help those numbers too. It really doesn't matter if the raptor has it's few problems (like the predator doesn't) it sells like mad. The Raptor is a killer trail machine and thats is where most people ride.

Have a nice day.

03 black and red Raptor
removed stock muffler power plugger
disarmed reverse limiter
PRM Desert Grab Bar

Old 05-21-2003, 09:05 PM
Pro Rider

BIGBLACK -
On the ESuperBike one, if you look at the top, it tells you the different dynos:
BLUE = 155 min-WB muffler
RED = superbike airforce kit/wb muffler (I believe someone said it's a 190 main, but not sure)

Yes, the Raptor is said to be around 5 miles per hour faster. I believe it's the final drive gear is different than the Predator. I'm not sure what yours is, but the Predator is 0.9 5th gear ratio.

"All in all lets ride and have fun, Dynos do not when races its who crosses the line first. I never seen NASCAR declare a winner due to a HP curve."
My thoughts exactly, and what I've said before. I wasn't directing the misinformed comment directly at you. If you happened to have read the whole post, there are some very misinformed people out there. I didn't buy the Predator to beat anyone. How would I know if it could unless I ran against someone at the dealer! lol I ride with all different bikes and riders, and it's all fun. I just hope that everyone makes it back to the trailer/cabin at the end of the day to fire up the camp fire and have a "drink"!

Old 05-21-2003, 09:18 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ProXPredator My thoughts exactly, and what I've said before. I wasn't directing the misinformed comment directly at you. If you happened to have read the whole post, there are some very misinformed people out there. I didn't buy the Predator to beat anyone. How would I know if it could unless I ran against someone at the dealer! lol I ride with all different bikes and riders, and it's all fun. I just hope that everyone makes it back to the trailer/cabin at the end of the day to fire up the camp fire and have a "drink"!
I can live with this, I guess you just happen to be the last post that I read before I blew my top. This is our little playground and when people(not directed directly at you) are coming in here "dissing" our rides and trying to talk down on our rides we can all get defensive.

With that said there will always be no replacement for displacement, if there was a replacement then there would be no need to have a CID restriction in ALL pro racing sports.

And if it were not for liability issues and government restrictions I doubt any body except the Bombs and maybe the Force could compete with the Raptor. As far as the price difference sometimes demand drives up the price. Look at the Viper its a $50k car that sells closer to $100k

Old 05-21-2003, 09:28 PM
Pro Rider

Shoot, my bike was so fast that i had to pull the flux capacitor out of it....he he he he[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-21-2003, 09:47 PM
Trailblazer

Hey guys, what does it matter if one is faster than the other, they are all fast as heck, so what does it matter if one is 1mph faster, if you got one ATV over another one, its because you liked that one more, I dont see what the big deal is with people saying theirs is faster than another one, you can't say that unless you have raced that person. Just my thoughts.

Old 05-21-2003, 10:02 PM
Pro Rider

I have to agree and disagree with this post.In my opinion the raptor was the king for quite some time and still might be.. Dont get me wrong it is still an awesome quad but the other manufacturers are coming out with some nice ones.And like I said this is my opinion but I think the raptor needs some more advancements. Meaning from the factory.I dont mod my stuff very much so I want a nice quad right off the showroom floor.As for my choice of buying a pred. only time will tell if I made the right choice. I am happy as of now on the purchase, Just my 2 cents.Thanks

Howie

Old 05-21-2003, 10:26 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BigBlack<brI can live with this, I guess you just happen to be the last post that I read before I blew my top. This is our little playground and when people(not directed directly at you) are coming in here "dissing" our rides and trying to talk down on our rides we can all get defensive.
I totally agree. I myself don't think the Raptor is a bad quad. I think if Polaris didn't come out with the Predator when it did, I might have bought one. I saved and bought with cash. If I had the cash earlier, I might be a Raptor owner myself. Look in my photos, theres a yellow Raptor in there. That's my best friends. I'm in Yamaha all the time when ever he has a question or a problem with it. I still haven't gotten some answers on it though. Anyone mind if I ask away??

PUREINTIMIDATOR - Do you have the new model with the garbage disposal? lol

Quick Reply: why the RAPTOR will always be the king... IMO