Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor engine experts please step inside.

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2003 | 02:36 PM
Pro Rider
Default Raptor engine experts please step inside.

Is the midpipe only where the two head pipes connect?

The reason why I ask specifically is that for example the WB midpipe is supposed to be 2 inches but yet their exhaust can go on either the WB headpipe/mid pipe or the stock.

I was also told that the head pipe of the pro-circuit was bigger than stock by Kenz and the article states otherwise.

Old 05-16-2003 | 02:38 PM
Pro Rider

you guy's have to remember that it's a DIRTWHEELS article..

i am going to e-mail yosh and see what they say..

Old 05-16-2003 | 02:44 PM
|
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ba01raptoraz
Is the midpipe only where the two head pipes connect?

The reason why I ask specifically is that for example the WB midpipe is supposed to be 2 inches but yet their exhaust can go on either the WB headpipe/mid pipe or the stock.

I was also told that the head pipe of the pro-circuit was bigger than stock by Kenz and the article states otherwise.

There are a lot of aftermarket pipes that have bigger mid pipes than stock yet are still able to use the stock silencer. They are able to do this by reducing the mid pipes diameter right at the mid pipe/silencer's junction. In my opinion having a bigger mid pipe in this instance is futile. Because it necks down to the stock diameter at the silencer. This goes back to my last statement about restriction.

Old 05-16-2003 | 02:53 PM
Pro Rider

I agree with RaptorAz but what about stinger pipes? Can that same principle be used for 4strokes just not as extreme? If the gases go into a larger chamber being much larger or slightly larger and cool down, they become more dense then can pass through a smaller area.

Old 05-16-2003 | 02:55 PM
Pro Rider

Just buy the pipe YOU like, they all have their ups and downs. I personally am really liking my Yoshi pipe! If your concerned about buying a pipe thats gonna shrink back down to fit stock size just buy a full system or race system and don't buy two slip-ons to make your exhaust.

Old 05-16-2003 | 03:12 PM
Pro Rider

FYI....

The Graydon (same as CT) has head pipes that match the exhaust ports which I like. The mid pipe is larger than the rest and the muffler is reverse megaphone designe. You can run discs or straight through end cap.

Old 05-16-2003 | 03:43 PM
Pro Rider

raptor03 that .25 might be it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]. JMO but I think some pipes are built for stock bikes as well as some are built for when the bike is built up!

Old 05-16-2003 | 03:47 PM
Pro Rider

well i e-mailed yosh about the size and the effect and see what they say,and let them no that there are bigger head and mid pipes out there,im sure they will say there is no diffrence but i hope they give a logical explination..

Old 05-16-2003 | 04:20 PM
Pro Rider

Raptor03 good luck I hope they help you out

Pat

Old 05-17-2003 | 05:49 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

If the gases go into a larger chamber being much larger or slightly larger and cool down, they become more dense then can pass through a smaller area.
This is the theroy behind the Power Bomb head pipe by FMF. I don't "really" know if it works, I have my doubts. Maybe if they would have made the buldge larger it might have worked, but its tiny.

Quick Reply: Raptor engine experts please step inside.