Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor engine experts please step inside.

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2003, 08:10 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Raptor engine experts please step inside.

King was you the first second or third LOSER at FSWll?

Old 05-15-2003, 10:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by: raptor03
yosh also has bigger head pipes than stock...
Yes, but the Yoshi's mid-pipe is the same diameter as stock.

Old 05-15-2003, 10:08 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ba01raptoraz
I was going to save this little bit info for myself although nothing special, but since you have the money right now and I would like to see you run against King Raptor and hopefully beat him. Those guys need a good humbling sometime.

I have seen the KING's beatings personally and I have no doubt that the KING's bike will still be faster than mine. Even off bottle.

Old 05-15-2003, 10:12 PM
Pro Rider

I wouldn't get a new exhaust, just go buy one of the MBRP headpipes. They should fit the Pro-Circuit which I think is a good pipe also. But in the grand scheme of things, what's another $150 for the Sparks over the Graydon. Another but, I've also heard to go with the builders recommendation because they are familiar with that setup but don't just get sucked in with what they sell.

The T4 is already been sold to a buddy. And I can't see the performance difference between the Sparks and Graydon being worth the additional $.

Old 05-15-2003, 10:17 PM
Pro Rider

If you don't mind, how is your engine builder? I live in Gilbert and am looking for a good local engine builder. PM me if you don't wish to spread the news too much.

My engine builder is Ken from Kenz Cycle Tech. I don't have any personal experience with him yet other than what's currently going on. What I do know is that he has an excellent reputation, and we seem to have good communication.

Old 05-15-2003, 10:21 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: KingRaptor
When you actually own a fast Raptor feel free to comment. Who are you anyway?

Originally posted by: sixsixT
King was you the first second or third LOSER at FSWll?
I'm that mean kid from your childhood that got his kicks from busting everone elses bubbles.

Old 05-15-2003, 10:21 PM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: KingRaptor
There will never be a 4 Stroke in AZ that can beat the KING, it just isn't going to happen. Having said that, I don't mind someone being a couple bike lengths back.

I fully believe this. Because the KING seems to have a disposable income. If I had his money, I'd burn mine.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-15-2003, 10:50 PM
Pro Rider

I kinda agree with airraptor. Is there an estimate of when by creating too much velocity that you are actually cutting out the CFM on the intake because the intake is too small?

As far as the header goes, I thought you would want it larger than the exhaust exit of the engine so that it will exit easier and not come back through the exhaust exit of the engine by reversion. You would want it to exit as quick as possible and not come back, correct?

Old 05-15-2003, 11:29 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: airraptor
raptoraz a bigger head pipe does not always = more power. there is a thing called exhaust velocity that plays a big part in the power game. as a matter of fact the aftermarket gytr header for the raptor is smaller than stock. just like the intake track and ports high flow and high speeds = power.

did you know that you can super charge an engine without a supercharger or a turbo charger. if you get enough speed in the intake charge you will have high momentum which can pack more air and fuel than 1 atmosphere can.
Some how I knew this topic was gonna turn into a exhaust scavenging discussion. I didn't think anyone would bring up Volumetric Efficiency though. I am well aware that a naturally aspirated engine can exceed 100% V.E., or naturally supercharged as you put it. However being that my engine is approximately 10% larger and has a higher V.E. than a stocker, I figured I'd go with the bigger is better theory. Especially since all of the available pipes were designed for a stock engine's displacement and V.E.

Old 05-15-2003, 11:38 PM
Pro Rider

Airraptor you need to JUST try another pipe system with a bigger head pipe like the Sparks or the Graydon and YOU be the judge on the more power you get! Theory theory just try another!!

Quick Reply: Raptor engine experts please step inside.