Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Pro Flow Adapter?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2003 | 01:53 PM
Pro Rider
Default Pro Flow Adapter?

Wsh,
Thanks for the clarification man. I never tried to force it on there, just didn't want to jack anything up.

Fizzak,
Make sure you cut and smooth all the areas of the inside of the airbox that come into contact with the K&N. I didn't do this at first and had to buy a new K&N and outerwear because the rubbing caused a hole in my outerwear and filter. It even wore thru the metal cage on the K&N filter! I thought I had it smooth enough but I guess not!

Even after I did smooth out all the edges, there was still some chafing so be careful. I'd advise to figure out where it contacts the airbox and then put a small piece of electrical tape over the outerwear at that point as an extra measure of safety.

Old 05-19-2003 | 11:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Pro Flow Adapter?

Originally posted by: slappie

Fizzak,
Make sure you cut and smooth all the areas of the inside of the airbox that come into contact with the K&N. I didn't do this at first and had to buy a new K&N and outerwear because the rubbing caused a hole in my outerwear and filter. It even wore thru the metal cage on the K&N filter! I thought I had it smooth enough but I guess not!
Same here.

A dremmel tool would work good. Anyway you can, get rid of all the flanges on the lid (if you use it) and the sides. Anything that is close to contacting the filter.