Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

how to beat the "big bad" predator

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2003, 10:19 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to beat the "big bad" predator

Raptorman, sure I will race any bike. That's what I built this thing for. If I am ever in that area, I will be glad to give it a try. If you ever in the North Alabama area, PM me, we can head out to the drag strip. I don't understand the prove yourself theory. Any atv can be made fast with enough money. The Predator is in it's first year of R&D, It's not about respect, it's about getting out and having fun and meeting different people. Sure I enjoy all **** talking, but I love the sport of racing. It's not a personal issue with me. I built a Predator for the challange of making a new quad competitive with the other proven quads.

Old 05-20-2003, 10:26 AM
Pro Rider

SP700...

Now that is the kind of answer I like!!!

All the $hit talking is fun, and you are right the main reason I got into building my quad was how much fun it was.... but you do have to admit that it is more fun if you are in front!!! LOL

Alabama is alot closer to me than some of the other places people ride on here, so we just may get to line them up someday!! But if I make the trip to Alabama you have to show me some good places to ride!!

Old 05-20-2003, 10:37 AM
Pro Rider

Come on over, we have several different type tracks around, moto X, flat track, drag strip, and about anything else, but no sand dunes. (lol). My good friend owns the local drag strip, he is going to try and put together a big atv race, I will PM you if it works out.

Old 05-20-2003, 10:41 AM
Pro Rider

Absolutely!!!

I know I coud have two or three fairly quick quads to bring down.

Old 05-20-2003, 11:13 AM
Pro Rider

if they are both stock id say id would be close, but stock the pred would prolly win, thats just my 2 cents[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-20-2003, 02:00 PM
Pro Rider

and thats why i NuG

Old 05-20-2003, 02:12 PM
Pro Rider

im not sure stock for stock but with my pipe and jet kit i havent lost yet,and of course thay had a pipe also...all i write is what i know..

Old 05-20-2003, 06:14 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I raced a sparks z400 (i think it was a 430) on methanol, and it was damn fast. It was maybe 4 bikes back on me. I havent had a raptor run within 4 bikes of me yet. Now, i know sparks is working on a huge predator on meth and maybe a little juice. Id imagine it would make a lot of you guys realize that the predator (stock) internally is prehistoric. There is so much more room stock for stock for improvement over the raptor. Yamaha did a better job with their stock castings and what not over the polaris, but i think there is more room for improvement over the rappy. The crappy rappy.

Oh and Dfitz, yea that was a cute afterthought, but anybody who says the raptor is at the top of its game when it comes to drag racing needs to check back in with reality [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-20-2003, 06:27 PM
Pro Rider

Beechman, Come up to Little Sahara Utah, and I will race u, I know it will be the hardest competition that you have had so far, and what are you riding? It doesn't say in your sig, cuz there isn't a sig!!

NuG

Old 05-20-2003, 06:28 PM
Pro Rider

Hey I watch that reality TV. I know what is real.

Quick Reply: how to beat the "big bad" predator