Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

ANYBODY GOT THE 727 FROM TRINITY

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2003, 01:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ANYBODY GOT THE 727 FROM TRINITY

I find it funny to read about all those "long rods" Banshees...First of all a long rod Banshee aint nothing special, it is just a bit more reliable because it lessens the angle between the rods,pistons and sleeves nothing more...Ultimately in the power departement it adds nothing...

Second of all; your engine is only as fast as who built it...You can find slow 350s outhere because they have been built by idiots... but you can also meet some awsome ones, in fact the fastest 350s will beat any thing outhere in 300ft unless they are hybrids of somekind...

So saying you can beat a 420LR doesnt mean much...there are 420s outhere putting out 65hp but there are also 420s outhere that are putting out 100+hps...There are also 350s putting over 90hps so...

Just so you know a 350cc Banshee just ran 4.12 in 300ft with a stock frame...And no it wasnt a long rod engine...

Old 05-25-2003, 01:04 AM
Pro Rider

Airraptor my comments were not specifically directed at you but rather at the "Longrod" misconception, saying that you can beat Longrod Banshees is pretty much the equivalent of saying that your car can beat cars that have nice paint jobs...If you guys are going to brag about beating modded Banshees at least talk about significant mods like strokers or aftermarket cylinders...

Old 05-25-2003, 04:06 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Since we are talking about 420's and trinity, ask Outofcontrol how he handed a 420 trinity LR banshee his azz a couple months ago, while on board his 350 back yard, home cookin', clean up port job. Shoot, the guy wouldnt even play with me...

Like one of you guys said, the motor is only as fast as the builder makes it. And more times then not, that fast builder isnt trinity

Old 05-25-2003, 04:36 PM
Pro Rider

Last year I tore my bike down, dropped the head and barrel off at Trinity, 2 weeks later I picked up the parts and was up and running in a few hours. It is more fun to ride, runs on pump gas, is reliable, and I beat ALL piped/jetted Raptors, DS's, Banshees, and more than a few bikes with similar and more extensive internal mods. Best grand I have spent. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I see so many people that spend a bunch of money at shops but then skimp when it comes to the time consuming task of fine tuning. Then they blame the shop. Here on the internet you cant see how people treat their equipment. Maintenence, upkeep, tuning, and an aptitude for the mechanics and physics of engines is important. I have buddies that are passionate about quads and riding but don't know shizt know matter how many times you try to explain things to them.

Old 05-27-2003, 01:08 AM
Range Rover

all of this talk of how slow 420 banshees are is making me laugh. I was at the cinder hills this weekend and i didnt see 1 raptor make it up $100 hill. If any of you would like to see what a well tuned 420 banshee is supposed to run like let me know and i will be glad to give you a lesson in humility, and by the way it is not a drag bike,but a dune bike that can dune all day and kick **** all night at the drags. I've also got a 350 banshee i would be willing to bet will outrun all of your 4 strokes at olds and still dune all day long. I'm sorry I have to burst all of your bubbles about how fast you are but I just could'nt take it any longer.

Old 05-27-2003, 03:28 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

your more then welcome to come to pismo and show some of us uneducated folk how a real duner drag bike runs

Old 05-27-2003, 09:32 AM
Pro Rider

Umm actually he was at Glamis all season and he was at 4sw II where he beat the green 250r and Kingraptors 727 on NOS.

Here he is in action.

Speeddmn on left

Old 05-27-2003, 09:53 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

I was @ the cinders This weekend too and 100 dollar hill is where i pratice for the hills as patsrators buddies can tell you my baby bike was rippen that hill up !! but did i miss you guy's at chicken hill or 777 the real hills you know the ones that are blocked off because too many people rolled trying them.!!! well did you at least get to see how a 4stroke dose that hill and michael when i ran across pat's buddies they were looking for the infamouse MichaelAZ??

Old 05-27-2003, 10:35 AM
Pro Rider

AZsands i told them to look out for you guys and if they saw MichaelAZ hide the muffins.......[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 05-27-2003, 10:49 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Hey pat they were great guy's we raced we lied we drank!!what more could you ask of a new friends??

Quick Reply: ANYBODY GOT THE 727 FROM TRINITY