Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

BANSHEE Parking Brake Block-off, Help.. Rev limiter?!

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2003, 05:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What are these things on my Banshee? How to?

Added some parts to my banshee today, ran into a couple minor problems so I'm seeing if anybody here knows what these things are?

Pictures are here photos.yahoo.com/brokemybanshee

First, I bought a parking-brake block off kit, now I got most of the pieces off the rear-caliper but I cannot get the final piece off? (check my pictures to see what I'm talking about) Might have helped if this thing came with directions?! so anyways I got all the stuff except the final nut off, do I need to pop that entire piece right off and put the brake block off on there? (the black piece)

Second, I replaced my clutch lever with the MSR raptor handle, got rid of all the parking brake crap, BUT what is this little "button" type thing? Is it some kind of sensor or something? I pulled the cable itself out so thats gone but now I have this little push button thing that seems to be attached to something? What is it? How do I take it off? The manual says its some kind of rev limiter, how do I get rid of it?

Check the pictures for details, cut and paste in your browser above.

Also when I take that big piece off the rear caliper I assume thats what I need to do? Is the brake fluid going to pee out? Sorry I've never taken the caliper apart so don't really know how it works.

One final thing, I got some new bars and the front brake line is kind of cramped, is it possible to cut and splice it or get a diffrent fitting? If it was an inch shorter it'd be perfect. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Adam.

Old 05-21-2003, 11:53 PM
Pro Rider
Default BANSHEE Parking Brake Block-off, Help.. Rev limiter?!

So what do I do? Cut the wires? Splice the wires? Somebody that KNOWS please let me know!

Old 05-22-2003, 02:20 AM
Pro Rider

Go to www.bansheehq.com

post your question there.. You'll have an answer in minutes. Those guy have helped me out a lot in the last few weeks.

Old 05-22-2003, 03:43 AM
Pro Rider

Well if I'm seeing this correctly, you need to take to two allen bolts out and just pull off the parking brake assembly. You do not need to worry about fluid spilling out because this is sealed from the rest of the unit.

The button you are talking about is for the parking brake. It keeps the engine running too fast when the parking brake is set. All you need to do is follow it back under the plastic to the first connector and unplug it, pull out the wire and you're done.

Hope this helps.

Old 05-22-2003, 03:47 AM
Pro Rider

By the way.. there's no way that I know of to splice brake lines. You'll either have to get a new upper hose or live with the one you have. Another answer would be to go to a set of braided lines but that may still be the same length as the one you have now. Unless it's kinked horribly I think I would probably run the one you have now. I can't tell from your pics how bad it is.

My best suggestion is that if it works, keep it. Just watch it for signs of wear and breakage.