Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2003 | 05:30 PM
Pro Rider
Default My Engine Blew :-(

What race fuel???

Old 05-23-2003 | 05:56 PM
Pro Rider

Bigbubba - I would consider what sixsixT said about taking it to someone, maybe these people here might learn its not a case of being a lean mixture or a weak rod.

14mins - how long did you run the '01 686 (with stock rod or carillo??) before the tranny went?? Also when are you going to drop the case that you have a slow quad and stop bashing airraptor, its getting annoying, and seems kinda childish, unless all you TX people are that way...

Hopefully someone will get hard evidence that this isnt a case of a weak rod, and maybe look at it closely and find its only happening to people with '01 rappys with an '02 tranny conversion. I have a built raptor with stock rod and know many others with bigger built raptors using 12:1 pistons and taking 500 mile plus trips several times and are more reliable than ANY motor you can think of.

Old 05-23-2003 | 06:10 PM
Pro Rider

Still haven't heard of anyone being phatter than I...... 180/185 DYNO MAINS and stage 2 DYNO NEEDLES on the 4th clip.
4 Strokes don't keep up... Only 6... 7... foot long 2 strokers...

Old 05-23-2003 | 06:25 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

bubba you can fry your piston and not overheat your engine. If this was caused by the piston getting to hot some signs would be:
The bottom of the piston may be dark.
The journal of the rod would have galling or scoring
Possibly scored piston and cyl. walls

Old 05-23-2003 | 06:25 PM
Pro Rider

Rod failure is a bitch. Lots of ways it can happen. Here are some ideas.

It can happen with oil starvation due to prolonged high RPM's. Or a blocked oil screen from using too much gasket seal could obstruct oil to the top end causing loss of oil pressure and seize the piston in the cylinder and cause the rod to break. A rod can fatigue from tight piston seal (gets tighter with heat expansion) and high compression. Hydraulicing the piston at TDC can bend the rod and then break it. High rpm friction of the piston pin can seize the piston and break the rod. General metal fatigue, stress, a spun rod bearing, combined with high rpm can do it. Improper warm up before hammering it . Improper valve adjustment. More HP + larger bore + increased angles and leverage = increased rod fatigue and potential piston friction.

Old 05-23-2003 | 06:42 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

My Engine Blew :-(
It needed the money!!! Hoooo!!!!

J/K, sorry to hear it

Old 05-23-2003 | 06:57 PM
Pro Rider

Was the Crank WELDED???????????

Old 05-23-2003 | 06:58 PM
Pro Rider

I hope for nothing but the best for you in the future BigBubba!!

NuG

Old 05-24-2003 | 12:05 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: airraptor
WSHRDSKIN i thought you were going to get a carrillo rod also i hope your stock rod lasts awhile ok.
I was, I changed my mind like a little beotch. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I hope it doesn't cost me. Time will tell. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] What would life be like if I had nothing to worry about? LOL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 05-24-2003 | 02:43 AM
Pro Rider

don't forget the elevation change from where the dyno is to where you ride. whats good at 2200 ft will be lean at 700 feet.

jbt

Quick Reply: My Engine Blew :-(