Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Nightmare: This shop>>>

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2003, 11:04 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Nightmare: This shop>>>

I'd take them to court. Just being served papers might cause them to reconsider. And I would file the suit against both of them (dealer and Yamaha). If the dealer was BSing you about the warranty claim being denied Yamaha will be all over him to staighten this out or it would be cheaper for them to just settle. JMO I hate to see someone get screwed like that.

Old 05-24-2003, 11:46 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

-(whatwasthat)- I'm from MARSTONS MILLS, on CAPECOD, barnstable, But you should travel down here to Exit 2 rt.6 and do some REAL riding, sand pit!!! anyhow, this was like a year ago that it happened, and you believe me i fought it to the end, but yamaha has some ignorant idiots that work for them...you try to explain that it is a product error because the dogs are too weak, and they ask "did you give the dog a bone?"....you know..idiots, but anyhow it's behind me now, and I'll never buy anything from the $%^*& shop ever again.....LOL i used to be a good customer to them also, i bought everything from them...anyhow! what.ya.gonna.do?

Old 05-24-2003, 11:56 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Yellow, You will have to give me some directions to those sand pits sometime .I would like to try them out. Thanks

Old 05-25-2003, 04:59 AM
Pro Rider

they pull that crap in oregon and theyll own that quad! the attorney general eats these clowns for breakfast!
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 05-25-2003, 05:32 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

they pull that crap in oregon and theyll own that quad! the attorney general eats these clowns for breakfast!
I see the problem as being him fighting about Yamaha not fessing up to the bad trannies. If the attorney anywhere could fight this and win why hasn't it been done?

I have a horrible shop down here too. I wouldn't trust them to air up my tires correctly.

Old 05-25-2003, 05:39 AM
Pro Rider

true, seems to me they took more than a 'reasonable' amount of time to diagnose the problem, perhaps in an effort to avoid the warranty. plus they didnt proceed until they were assured he would pay for it...

I've used the attorney general here a couple times... and you should see people scramble when they get a letter from that office!
In my case, not related to quads, the atty gen 'suggested' that the recipient reach an "amiable" settlement with me. they were tripping all over themselves to be nice. They knew they were had. Hope this works for 670. Its sure worth a try and doesnt cost anything.
maybe this would even get Yamaha moving....

Try it buddy, you have nothing to lose. just send a nice clear letter to the atty generals office and see what happens. it may take a couple months, but i've been really happy with my 'tax monay at work' here. hehe

Old 05-25-2003, 06:29 AM
Pro Rider

An 01 that was still in its 6 month warranty ??? How long ago did this happen ???

Old 05-25-2003, 07:51 AM
Pro Rider

I know its kind of late to be taking action now. I would have probably contacted the local TV station, I know there are some stations in Ca that love to get ahold of stories like this. Trust me, If you showed up with a TV crew to tell your story, you probably would have gotten so action.

Old 05-25-2003, 07:53 AM
Pro Rider

oh yeah good idea! the more public the better! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 05-25-2003, 08:50 AM
Pro Rider

I have worked on several quads both from dealerships and independent shops after they did all the work and charged all they could, and what crappy workmanship they did. There are a lot of fly by night shops trying to make a quick buck, and as far as dealerships is concerned I used to work at one and I left because they would pay enough per hour to live on.
Find someone in your area you can trust to work on your quad or work on it yourself, you will save a lot of money and at the same time learn how fix your on quad.