Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Best full raptor pipe on a budget?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2003, 03:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best full raptor pipe on a budget?

I've been looking at many different pipes for the raptor but am having trouble deciding which one i want. I want to keep the cost down as much as possible. I've been looking at a bill's pipe it is only $370 is this a good pipe or is there a reason it is cheaper than most. Also how about hmf? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 05-26-2003, 04:03 PM
Pro Rider

I hear alot of good about HMF.

Old 05-26-2003, 04:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Be carefull buying a cheap pipe. Some will fall apart and end up not being so cheap. Another $50 will get you a Yoshi, very good quality and they stand behind their product.

Old 05-26-2003, 04:51 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I had a bills pipe for a while. I liked it, not the best and not the worst.

Old 05-26-2003, 06:00 PM
Trailblazer

I have a Pro Circuit T-4 and am very happy with it.....the slip on was $215 from Rocky Mountain ATV. I did not get the header pipe.I am not sure you really gain anything with it unless you have some internal engine mods. I did get the Pro flow filter kit and a jet kit. Altogether I spent about $375 .I am still fine tuneing my jetting , but it made a world of difference and sounds great. I hope this helps.

Old 05-26-2003, 08:29 PM
Pro Rider

According to the famed Dirt Wheels pipe shoutout, the Alba is the best performing for the least cash outlay.

Old 05-26-2003, 09:14 PM
Pro Rider

Has anybody tried or the seen a Muzzy pipe?

Old 07-09-2003, 12:47 AM
Weekend Warrior

Is it worth paying $450 for the complete yoshimura comp series or should I just buy the slip on for my Raptor Do I gain anymore performance with the full system or would I be better off paying for the slip on. Does any one have that pipe on there raptor, if so let me know how you like it . Is it loud,can you feel a difference when you put it on. Where are the most power gains. Low or Top end

I dont know why everyone is so worried about the Predator vs Raptor Everyone knows that the Raptor will beat the predator. And the knew YZF 450 who cares if it is faster then the raptor, Which i highly doubt that it is faster then a raptor its just set up for racing right out of the box thats all. And plus if you have a Yamaha its not like your competing its still your own brand, know if was any of them other sorry manufactures then thats something to talk about if Yamaha stays on top thats all that matters.Yamaha has the best selling atvs out there The rest are just followers.

Old 07-09-2003, 01:07 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

I read somewhere that Muzzy's in Bend Oregon, I believe, were contracted to build Yoshi pipes. I saw Muzzy's pipes at a trade show and was very impressed. They also look very similar to the Yoshi, great craftsmanship. I may be totally off base with this, if I am, feel free to bash away.

Old 07-09-2003, 01:52 AM
Pro Rider

I got my Yosh full comp fo $385 from Chapparal Racing. This is what I would reccomend. Just IMHO.

Street

Quick Reply: Best full raptor pipe on a budget?