ITP Holeshots (front and rear)
ITP Wheels
Renthal Bars
...and a good set of Nerfs

Old 05-30-2003, 04:18 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default two stroke help

the parking brake is not on. lol didn't think about rev limiter. thats possible. fuel lines are tight on carb, checked that twice. fuel is coming out of tank good also. whats happening to the plugs is that up to an 1/8 throttle, its all good. when we go more than that, it seems like its choking for air and dies. the plug will be covered in fuel after this. possibly could be reeds too. i really don't see how it could be a carb problem. it runs good when cold for a few minutes. after that, it has a mind of its own. unless something is in the carb and all it takes is a few bumps to get jerked into the wrong place. i was thinking maybe the float or something could be acting up. forgot to mention, we did not forget to turn the choke off either, so thats not the problem.

Old 05-30-2003, 05:26 AM
Pro Rider
Default two stroke help

sounds like an electrical problem...i had a similiar "fight" with my blaster and it ended up being my stator

Old 05-30-2003, 11:50 AM
Pro Rider
Default two stroke help

If the plug is covered in fuel, either it is not getting spark, or it is the carb flooding fuel into the engine.

My guess is the carb, did you set the float height? I dont know that much about blasters, but a carb is pretty much a carb, maybe the needle is set way to rich? Maybe a way to big main jet??

I would get the carb setup first. If you give altitude maybe someone with similar mods can give you a ballpark on what main, needle setting and air screw setting to use.

Bat

Old 05-30-2003, 12:09 PM
Pro Rider
Default two stroke help

The last Blasters I have looked at did not have the rev limiter parking brake thats on newer Banshees. The reeds are behind the carb boot after you take the carb off. It's on the cylinder kind of obscured from view. The main jet seems to be lean if you have those mods. Check the spark plug for the condition of the jetting. You might have scored the piston/cylinder if the bike has been running lean. While your checking the reeds take a good flashlight and check the piston as you move it up and down with the kick starter.

Old 05-30-2003, 02:56 PM
Pro Rider
Default two stroke help

what do i need to look for when i am checking out reeds? the color of the plug looks good until i get over 1/8 throttle. the engine is just not sucking air like it should. so i think its getting good fuel but not sucking the air which leads to the plug getting full of fuel. we tried three different mainjets and all give same results. the needle is in the factory position. heck, i don't know how to set the float. its in the factory position. some are not even adjustable, i am used to looking at a 400exs' keihin and not a blasters' mikuni so everything is a little different. if the bike is not getting spark, would it even start though? its starting great. so you think the mainjet maybe too lean? it has a 250 in now. factory is a 230. we actually thought it was a little rich because we started it and rode it for 5 to 10 minutes fine and my friend noticed that the bike would try and cut out on topend with the 250 in. usually when they cut out on the 4 strokes after you rejeted the bike, its too rich. so then you would go down one or two sizes. with the 240 in, it ran great until it starting acting up 5 to 10 minutes later.

Old 05-30-2003, 05:50 PM
Range Rover
Default two stroke help

ok thanks