Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Warrior not running right. help please

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2003, 06:10 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warrior not running right. help please

There are detailed instructinos that some of us wrote in another thread about Wolverine carb cleanout.

If the bike idles fine, that means the idle circuit is OK (Pilot jet and airscrew). If it dies from there, your mainjet or accelerator pump are the culprit. Take the carb out of the ATV, pull the float cover off (four screws - it's the bottom of the carb), and clean out the main jet with gumout. Take it out and make sure you can see clearly through it. Run gumout through ALL the little holes and passages - either air or fuel has to flow through all of them! Check the post on Wolverine carbs for detailed instructions...

Old 06-03-2003, 06:16 PM
Pro Rider

dieselgeek,

I was wondering when you would reply to this one, since you like tinkering with these carbs. Sounds like the same problem I had. So, did you get your drag car redone? Warrior still running like a top after 3 tanks of gas!

Old 06-03-2003, 06:22 PM
Trailblazer

LOL it's been a long week after blowing up our car at World Ford Challenge!!!

Status of the car: we detonated and burnt off a spark plug tip. The ring lands were damaged... piston was mushroomed a little. We had to order FOUR new pistons from JE since they don't sell them individually... but the car's almost back together now. Our best time at WFC was 8.90 in the Wild Street class. There were some cars there that were deep 8s but they broke early in eliminations. We should have had first place - but were having major problems hooking (even at one of the best hooking tracks in the country!). Best sixty-foot times were 1.51 when we get 1.35's at our local track all the time. The local track is an icerink (no traction) so go figure. Enough drag racing for one post...

I'm glad your warrior is back up to snuff!!! I just downloaded the service manual pdf for the Warrior - that has helpful carb information in it!

I don't know if Schipster got his qolverine running yet or not - he broke the float clip - oops...

until next time,
-scott

Old 06-03-2003, 06:28 PM
Pro Rider

Tyler33 try cleanin carb and it should run right! where is Oakland iowa? never heard of it im near Iowa city1

Old 06-03-2003, 06:31 PM
Pro Rider

Dieselgeek,

Sounds like you got a pretty mean machine there! Hey, that manual you downloaded, is it the whole manual? I'm was thinking of buying one, I know how helpful they are, I have one for my Jeep.

Old 06-03-2003, 06:35 PM
Trailblazer

Yeah - it was 16 megabytes, it's the whole service manual with supplements!!! here's the link: Warrior Service Manual You defintiely want this... :-)

Old 06-03-2003, 06:37 PM
Trailblazer

Oakland is about 15 miles East of Council Bluffs. I work in Omaha NE... where do you ride in Iowa? I live on an acreage in the middle of nowhere - there are a ton of class B roads (dirt, not stone) and a lot of good hills/trails in the Loess Hills... but it would be cool to start riding with other friends every now and then. I'm not very familiar with Iowa's ATV parks, but I know there are a couple on the West end of the state near us...

Old 06-03-2003, 07:32 PM
Trailblazer

I think we have it running right or pretty close. We took everything apart and cleaned it and it still cut out so i found a screw on the bottom of the shifter side that was turned all the way in, we loosened it about 1/2 turn and it cured the problem.

Old 06-10-2003, 01:38 PM
Weekend Warrior

hey Scott, i finally got the carb all back together. it is running like a crazed ape. add another 32.00 for needle and seat. i also bought some bolts for the tank plastic. can you believe $3.00 / bolt. they must be made of gold. i still have all the plastic off, and some more air is needed in the tires that have been sitting for awhile, so in a couple of days i will be giving it a test run. thanks for all of your help. my next project is getting rear brake pads. i will be talking to you then. thanks again...Brian

Old 06-10-2003, 01:41 PM
Trailblazer

Sweet!!! I was beginning to wonder how the project was coming along!!!!

Glad to hear it's running ok. Rode mine a few miles this weekend - what a blast. Keep in touch,
-scott