Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

DYNA FS (Help with Programming)

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2003, 11:17 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DYNA FS (Help with Programming)

Thanks RAPTORJAY for the offer, but Dynatech is sending mine back to me. They did say that my problem sounds like it is my Pro Design Kill switch. They mentioned going to a "normally closed" setup instead of the "normally open" that I am running now.

I will have to do some thinking and "search" research on the topic. But, if someone happens to know the fix and wouldn't mind sharing again..........I am all ears.

Thanks guys.

Yes RR1........we are going to be at Silver Lake June 30th, July 1st and the 2nd. My bike has a new look now, so keep an eye out for a black and white Raptor with the Trinity Racing Graphics kit. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-14-2003, 11:27 AM
Pro Rider

Got it...............Thanks RR1

Maybe everyone already knows this except me, but here is some news you need to know if you are using a DYNA box with a tether kill switch.

I have now fried two DYNA boxes and my battery and starter relay. I just got off the phone with the DYNA engineers this evening. The problem is the kill switch. Do NOT attach the kill switch to the positive lead to the coil!! They said this is absolutely wrong. The DYNA box uses different switching technology than the stocker, making it more susceptible to the huge blast of energy that gets grounded to the frame when you pull the kill switch. You need to hook one lead from the kill to a ground, and the other lead to the PURPLE (or purple/white) wire coming from the DYNA box. They said they were gong to revise the instuctions to make this more clear.

I rode and raced my raptor all last year with the stock CDI with the kill attatched to the orange (+) wire at the coil. That is how everyone that I have talked to with a raptor has done it. But your DYNA CDI will not last very long if you try this. Luckily the customer service guys at DYNA were excellent and replaced mine at no charge.

Thanks Turbo33 for the tip!!

RR1

Old 06-14-2003, 11:39 AM
Pro Rider

Nice web site Greg I just went there. Hmmmm no Patsraptor on there??? The vid of Rhonda digging a hole looked like someone I saw at FSWs doing the same thing and Harv pulling him out??? hehehehehe
Hey Greg on your extended swing that Scott got for you didi you skid fit or did you have to modify it??? I just have one made for me

thanks Pat

Old 06-14-2003, 11:57 AM
Pro Rider

Hi Pat. Send me your favorite pic and I will add it.

The fab shop added two threaded inserts to make up the difference in the extension. There is a pretty big gap in there now, but I don't thing the Yamaha Engineers had that in mind when they designed the GYTR skid plate. ha ha

I'm a little fuzzy on that hole digging thing that you are refering to Pat. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 06-14-2003, 12:06 PM
Pro Rider

Cool Greg I'll send them when I can

Hmmm I'll just see about modding mine some how.

I think if I looked like you when I got buried TWICE it would be FUZZY also hehehehehehe

Old 06-14-2003, 12:15 PM
Pro Rider

It's a little early to be hittin' the bottle isn't it Pat?? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Ha ha

I may have gotten hung up a couple of times but at least I didn't forget to tighten up a carrier bearing nut. OOPS..... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-14-2003, 12:20 PM
Pro Rider

True Greg BUT atleast I had mine jetted RIGHT but if you want to go there might as well everybody your weak 686 was JUST SLIGHTLY faster then my JUST piped raptor DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have my garage built motor NOW and Too bad your not going to DRWS I was going GregV trinity hunting !!!!!!!!!!

opppppppsssss did I go there!!!!!!

p.s. Greg isn't it too early for you to be talking smack and passing out muffins hahahahahah

Pat

Old 06-14-2003, 12:30 PM
Pro Rider

But, yes I did get some help from Harv. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

How long of an extension did you have done Pat??

Old 06-14-2003, 12:39 PM
Pro Rider

Only +2 I trail ride alot and didn't want to lose turning the 2 should help me hill shoot faster and launch better!

Old 06-14-2003, 12:43 PM
Pro Rider

You wouldn't believe how much better my bike is running now. You would be surprised. The best money that I spent was on the longer swingarm. Now I can hammer it on the starts.........which was always my biggest problem before.

Your smak talk doesn't bother me.............you were pretty cool at Glamis (not so pretty, but cool) ha ha. I was glad that I was able to meet you.

As for the muffins...........Last week or so, I went to a localshop that specializes in their baked goods. Unfortunatly they did not have any chocolate muffins, but they had the really great chocholate chip muffins. So I bought 3 of them. One for me and the other two were sent Priority Mail to a certain un-named gentilemen that lives in AZ. Unfortunatly I heard that this un-named person was in Hawai. I fear that they did not handle the wait in the AZ heat. I hope that the did. The one that I had was real good.

An olive branch you might say. I haven't heard anything yet, so I'm not sure how they were recieved. It was suggested to me not to include a note, but that the content and the return address would be enough. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

We shall see Pat.

Quick Reply: DYNA FS (Help with Programming)