Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

DYNA FS (Help with Programming)

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2003, 12:04 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DYNA FS (Help with Programming)

Has anyone had any experiance with the DYNA FS Digital Ignition for the Raptor??

I have one for my bike and I am having trouble getting it to communicate with my computer VIA the serial cable. I know it was supposed come pre-programmed, but when I installed it the bike ran really rough and died.

I have the programming kit, so I wanted to make sure that it had the proper curves but it keeps telling me "Ignition Not Found".

I have tried every fix / tip that they mention in their lititure.

Any help would be greatly appreaciated!!

Old 06-03-2003, 01:07 AM
Pro Rider

Have you tried calling Dyna directly? Their customer service is top notch. I would tell them your problem and they will probably be able to help you, even if it is by sending your box back for them to check out. Mine worked perfectly when I first hooked it up, so I don't think your problem is normal. Check my old thread about the kill switch hook up if you are using one. DO NOT HOOK THE KILL SWITCH TO THE ORANGE COIL WIRE AND GROUND IT TO THE FRAME! Good Luck!

BTW, I will be at Silver Lake the entire week of the 4th of July. Hope to see you there!

RR1

Old 06-03-2003, 08:35 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Hi Greg
I wish I could offer some help, but I will be intrested in seeing what you think of it. I know you will have fun trying different programs.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-03-2003, 11:41 AM
Pro Rider

be sure you are using the correct serial cable. There are 2 types, straight through and null modem. Just something to check.

Old 06-03-2003, 01:00 PM
Pro Rider

Also serial is not hot swapable like USB so be sure all your connections are made with the computer off then after you can power on if not the bios will not pick up the new IRQ needed.

Old 06-03-2003, 03:06 PM
Pro Rider

maybe your kill switch has something to do with it.

Old 06-03-2003, 03:20 PM
Range Rover

go to the configure menu make sure you have the rite com port selected! make sure on you computor what port it is hooked up too. On mine I had to ground the reverse rev limiter wire to make mine work but mine is a 01 it may be different on your's. My would run to a certain rpm then crap out!!!

Just to let you know I played with it for about 3 day's trying preprogammed and personal setting after it was all said and done playing with it. The stock ing. still dyno'ed a hp higher and carried it futher than the dyna!!!

If anybody out there had better luck please let me know what setting you used!! And I'm taking on the dyno and not I rode it if felt better.

Trending Topics

Old 06-03-2003, 06:31 PM
Pro Rider

Is the quad "on"
When working with the power commanders for street bikes the bikes ignition switch must be on

Old 06-03-2003, 10:08 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks guys,

I called Dynatek again today. After telling them everything that I tried and that I used two different computers with out any luck, they want me to send the ignition back to them. Bummer, because I was hoping to try it out at Silver Lake this weekend June 7th. & 8th..

Hopefully they will turn it around quick.

Thanks for your input.........I will let you know how it ends up.

Old 06-03-2003, 10:19 PM
Pro Rider

My ignition(programable) is just sitting in a box because I'm lazy
I could lend it to you if you like for the weekend

Quick Reply: DYNA FS (Help with Programming)