Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

riding in NortEast Indiana

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2003, 02:28 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default riding in NortEast Indiana

Im new to riding and would like to find somewhere to ride. ANY IDEA's???

Old 06-03-2003, 02:47 PM
Pro Rider

It depends on how far you want to travel. We are about 25 to 30 minutes from Fort Wayne. Are you looking for people to ride with or specific spots? We enjoy Silver Lake, MI. We have been to the Bad Lands as well. I did not really enjoy that experience. It reminded me of a quarry. The sand was more like mud and stones. But, I don't like to get dirty you may enjoy it.

Haspen Acres is a popular place for trail riding, camping and drag racing. Again, I don't like to get dirty, so this is a guy trip about twice a year.

Hope this helps.

Rhonda V

Old 06-03-2003, 02:50 PM
Pro Rider

SkinnyBoi,

unless there's some places I never heard of in your area, you're looking at a road trip to find some good places to ride. There's a good place in Attica, Indiana called The Badlands. I've rode there a few times and it's not a bad place for beginners. You can check out thier website, just type in Badlands, IN. There is also Silver Lake, which is a a sand dune park in Michigan that allows camping and also has a beach. Both places you're looking at about a three hour or less drive depending on how fast you drive. There is another place opening up in Dugger, IN called Redbird. I don't know much about that place, other than it's state run, and would be a 4-5 hour drive for you. There's some places by Indy, and a bunch of places in Michigan, Ohio, and Illinois, depending how far you want to travel. Where at in Fort Wayne do you live? I just moved back from there not to long ago. I used to live on the northeast side off of Dupont road in Cottonwood Lake subdivision. Great city. Hope this helps.

Old 06-03-2003, 03:08 PM
Pro Rider

You guys (and gals)....need to make a small road trip to the Upper Pen. of Michigan. There are trail systems everywhere.

The trails up here range from fast railroad grades to the deepest mudholes that you can imagine. There are sand pits and every type of hill you want to climb.

I have only had my bikes for a little over a year now and have clocked over 4000 miles between the two. Not bad for just one year! All the miles that i have rode in the last year are in only two counties. I hope to start exploring the other counties that surround me this summer.

It is a "MUST" to bring a GPS with you if you come. OR bring a good map (which the DNR provides) and have a really good since of direction. Sometimes, that doesnt even help!! lol

I live here and ride with locals......and we STILL get lost! hehe It's a blast riding, and i hope that when i have to move....i find as much fun riding in the next state.

Jonathan

PS: Anyone that wants to ride....drop me a line and will try to set something up.

Old 06-03-2003, 03:17 PM
Trailblazer

diablo,

Well I live on the soutwest side of town. Near times corners. Im looking forward to going to the badlands sometime this summer. Ive got some friends in Lafayette that go there a lot. so thanks for the quick replys.

later,
SkinnyBOi

Old 06-03-2003, 03:22 PM
Pro Rider

hey thanks for the info on the upper P, I might have to take you up on the offer of riding up there, always looking for a new challenge. Are the trails you ride sport bike friendly, or is better to have a 4x4? I'm going to get a new bike soon, maybe a Wolverine 4x4, not sure yet. I've been through some pretty deep stuff in my Warrior, just gotta keep moving!

Old 06-03-2003, 04:00 PM
Trailblazer

A bunch of us from the Kokomo area are planning a trip to Silver Lake June 27, 28, 29. I wont be hard to miss I'll have a banner on my truck with my ATV club name on it(it has a picture of a big devil on it, scary huh!). Look me up if you want, we have a blast.

Old 06-03-2003, 05:36 PM
Trailblazer

Anyone Know of any landowners that let people ride??

Old 06-03-2003, 06:38 PM
Pro Rider

SkinnyBoi,

Unfortuately, alot of landowners don't let other people ride on thier land due to lawsuits and what not. I'll see if I can get a hold of my buddy from Columbia City, he's got some land out there, but not sure how comfortable he is with people he doesn't know riding there. I'll post if I get a hold of him.

Old 06-03-2003, 06:48 PM
Trailblazer

Diablo,

Thats cool, I work in columbia city. Think Im going to buy the fmf fatty pipe kit tonght so hopfully I will have installed by saturday.

later,
skinnyboi

Quick Reply: riding in NortEast Indiana