Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Dumont Dunes this summer?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2003, 09:31 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dumont Dunes this summer?

Hey guys we want to make a trip out to Dumont Dunes this summer some time. (I picked that because Las Vegas is on the way.) Is anything happening there this summer?

Old 06-03-2003, 09:33 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

The only thing happening there will be heat stroke. 115 + degrees days, lucky to see below 100 degrees at night. Wait until Halloween and there will be lots happening.

Old 06-03-2003, 09:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yeah, okay, that sounds good. Is there an organized event about that time? (14, just drop me off here at Caesars and pick me up on your way back.)

Old 06-03-2003, 09:48 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pismo is the summer spot. If you need a place to stay or park the camper swing on by, I've got plenty of room.

Old 06-03-2003, 09:54 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Theres always forum members at Dumont. Halloween is the first big weekend. The hill is rider friendly to race on. No whoops to speak of. He can kick some butt and take names later here. When you go, let the forum know and there will be many forum members for him to play with, and I guarantee they will be way more friendly than the recent group he was to hang with.

Old 06-03-2003, 10:33 PM
Pro Rider

ILL BE THERE!!!! I'm going to bring the heat next year as well, me and my dad are talking about really building up the rappy some more, its going to be rad, I want to stroke it and port and polish.... oversize valves (do i need new valve seats?) and im going to get rid of this foam filter and go with that K&N filter, foam is holding me back, since i only weigh about 165 lbs i should be screaming up the hills... I still have my stalk swing arm though, might be best for me to get a longer one... so much to do this summer!!!! might get one of those new yfz 450 quads... when do they come out?

Old 06-03-2003, 10:39 PM
Pro Rider

'll concur on the heat stroke, if the man of the house comes out in the fall
let the forum know and there will be many forum members for him to play with
I'll go as well, not that I can hang with him in a drag race but I can dune! Just riding and drinking, no fighting!

Old 06-03-2003, 10:45 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: YoshRaptor
'll concur on the heat stroke, if the man of the house comes out in the fall
let the forum know and there will be many forum members for him to play with
I'll go as well, not that I can hang with him in a drag race but I can dune! Just riding and drinking, no fighting!
Heat what heat? I don't know why but the closest town is called BAKER [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] and has the worlds tallest thermometer.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-03-2003, 10:51 PM
Pro Rider

.........and to the north we have the Oasis Resort called Death Valley. I hear it's a great place for a tan...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 06-03-2003, 10:57 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Sandgod
.........and to the north we have the Oasis Resort called Death Valley. I hear it's a great place for a tan...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
Yeah the wife and I go there all the time and stay in THERMAL.LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Dumont Dunes this summer?