Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

QUICK HELP INSTALLING AC NERFS 4 RAPTOR!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2003, 08:44 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default QUICK HELP INSTALLING AC NERFS 4 RAPTOR!?!?

just got my ac nerfs for my raptor last night and am about to put them on. everything seems like it just bolts up correct? My problem is that on the left side of the raptor where the oil lines are, they are kinda interfering with the nerf's tubing right before it mounts. Theytake up a little too much space. So when the nerfs are mounted properyly, it has to push the hosing a little. Is this is right way? the only other way is that i can put the tubing through the two hoses instead of on top of em. How am i supposed to do this? does anyone have pics or can explain it ASAP. thanks

Old 06-08-2003, 08:55 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

No Pics but mine are on top of my hoses, but I don't think there were any clearance problems.

Old 06-08-2003, 09:00 AM
Pro Rider

yeah, you gotta push them down a little more then they naturally rest. Do you think its ok? when i push them down the metal lines in the oil hose system flex a little. I dont know what to do.

BTW, this is WARRIOR86. Im at my friends house and i cant get his name to log off so i can put it mine but w/e thanks

Old 06-08-2003, 01:33 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, that's how they mount. I haven't had any trouble and I'm keeping an eye on the oil tank bungs for stress cracks, nothing so far. Before you install yours, see if any of your welds fall below the surface of the surrounding metal (called undercut). If you have any welds that look like that, keep a close eye on them for cracks. I have a buddy that TIGs on military armor and he fixed a couple of cracks I was getting in the undercut welds. The biggest crack was on the right side engine mounting tab. Other than the questionable welds, I love my AC nerfs.

Old 06-08-2003, 04:03 PM
Pro Rider

what do you mean by fall under the surface of the surrounding metal? Anyway, im returning them because they arent fitting properly. I went through all the trouble of gettin the engine mounting bolt of then i realized nothing lined up properly and the screws they gave me to bolt onto the pegs dont match the nuts they gave me. I guess i just have bad luck. thanks.

Old 06-08-2003, 06:35 PM
Pro Rider

I just put my nerf bars through the oil lines and it worked great. Just make sure and drill the holes on the footpeg rite and make sure that you stay far enough away from the brake pedal so that they dont rub.

Old 06-08-2003, 08:08 PM
Pro Rider

im supposed to drill holes with the AC nerfs? it didnt come with direction but there are already holes there. The problem is that they are not lining up properly so im gonna return it. Is this the type of quality i can expect from AC. I got four screws and four nuts and the nuts are bigger than the screws. how pathetic!