Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Beer Bad for engine?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2003, 01:23 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beer Bad for engine?

This weekend i went to one of my buddies houses and brought my quad with me. Well I left on Saturday and decided i would pick up my Warrior on Sunday. Well when i got there they told me that they went riding out in a field and ran out of gas and they put a can of beer for a substitute fuel. As any of you would be, I was pissed off! I immediately ran out all of the beer from the gas tank and kicked all my friends asses. I'm not sure how long they rode it with beer in the tank but i was wondering if it could do any kind of damage to the engine. Well Thanks for the input.

Old 06-14-2003, 01:35 AM
Trailblazer

I just hope it was a decent import or maybe a Japanese beer like Sapporo and not one of those crappy domestics like PBR, Coors or Milwaukee's Best...just kidding though.
Man that really sucks. Why would anyone think that might work?!? I hope everything works out okay...oh and maybe find some new friends.

Old 06-14-2003, 04:16 AM
Pro Rider

Hope your atv is ok. Beer ain't good for your plastic or your handlebars neither my friend went riding with a cooler full of bud (not smart to begin with). Then we went and climbed hills (even dumber). Finally I went up the steepest hill I have ever tried with some deep rut I wasn't drinking(still not the brightest thing I've ever done). I make it barely. Then my drunk buddy tries and gets over in the rut three quarters of the way up and gets the front end straight up on his foreman. He bails off luckily and his foreman flips straight back and over and over again to the bottom(the dumbest part yet). His plastic is tore off handlebars bent speedometer busted and not working and his cooler full (or half full now) of beer is busted and squirting all over the place. So beer and atvs just don't mix apparently. Remember kids friends don't let friends ride atvs drunk. I guess I forgot this lesson somewhere.

Old 06-14-2003, 04:28 AM
Pro Rider

beer is loaded with sugar. Dosent sugar, even disolved sugar score your cylinder walls? Now if hey woulda used something with no sugar and more alcy I bet it would ran [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-14-2003, 04:30 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: GotRoost
I just hope it was a decent import or maybe a Japanese beer like Sapporo..........
I'd drink ANY domestic beer before I'd drink anyother Sapporo. That stuff is CRAP!

Old 06-14-2003, 04:33 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sucks, I'd kick their asses again, just for good measure... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 06-14-2003, 05:43 AM
Pro Rider

Was there really beer in the gas tank? If they really did try to ride it with beer as a substitute fuel, I have to ask one question, who picks friends that dumb anyways.

Side note.... If it did work they could start a quad revolution! We could have some bud lite dragsters!

Old 06-14-2003, 09:30 AM
Pro Rider

Obviously your not living here in utah. Our 3.2 beer doesn't have enough alcohol to qualify as alcohol. There is no way you can run on beer. All that did was prove that there are truly clowns out there!! The problem is that is your friends are that dumb, they probably used Busch or Hams, in which case your bike is now officially a drunk!!!

Old 06-14-2003, 09:58 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

That is pretty stupid, but I will say that one time I saw a guy put Gem Clear 190 proof in a Yamaha 225 and it ran. Of course thats pretty much pure alcohol and a dumb thing to do in the first place but it worked. One thing I didn't quite understand though is that bottle of PGA was like $10 a liter, and gas was like $.93 a gallon back then.

Old 06-14-2003, 11:49 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: JakalWarrior
beer is loaded with sugar. Dosent sugar, even disolved sugar score your cylinder walls? Now if hey woulda used something with no sugar and more alcy I bet it would ran [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Please tell me you are joking ??? alcolhol is made by fermenting sugars WAYYYY back in the brewing process and then filtered and bottled ,etc.

My guess is the beer pretty much acted like water in the tank and the bike probally ran like crap but I doubt if and damage was done,drain the tank,carbs,change the plug and beat down the knuckleheads once more and you will be fine. (hopefully none of your freinds will ever reproduce and and this bad string of genes and dna will come to a stop)

Quick Reply: Beer Bad for engine?