Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

modified blaster beat a modified warrior

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2003, 12:06 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default modified blaster beat a modified warrior

A kid came up on his warrior to ride with us and of coarse i said yes since i have been wanting to race a warrior since everyone around here says "a warrior will smoke you on your blaster". Me and my brother have blasters mine has a few more things than his. My brothers bike just has a fmf fatty pipe and a power core 2 silencer. Mine has a fmf fatty pipe and a power core 2 silencer a k&n air filter and power reeds and 22X11X8 tires which slow me down since they are alot bigger than normal and heavier. This warrior had a bills pipe and silencer and like 18 inch tires on it. well any how we all lined up side by side. My brother said go since he was in the middle. well the blaster were both ahead at first but then my brother was past by the warrior. i seen him coming so i gave the blaster everything it had. At the end of this one mile race i was in the lead and i was the one on the outside of the turns so when someone reads this they won't say "well if there were any turn that warrior must of been on the outside of the turns". I finished one bike length ahead of the warrior and the warrior finish about 3 bike lengths infront of my brother. So in the end 2 strokes are just as good as 4 strokes and blasters are not POS.

Old 06-17-2003, 12:16 PM
Pro Rider

I have a Blaster myself for my son and that thing never gets worked on, and always starts on the second kick. It runs very good for a 200cc quad.

FMF Fatty Pipe and silencer
28mm Carb with reed spacer
Carbon Fiber reeds
Ported jug, mild trail port
K&N Filter
Vito's 4 degree advance crank key

Old 06-17-2003, 12:24 PM
Pro Rider

i have blown away a bunch of warriors on my blaster.

Old 06-18-2003, 12:47 AM
Range Rover

Yeah blasters are pretty fast and reliable machines, mine almost always starts on the second kick also even during the winter.

Old 06-18-2003, 01:35 AM
Pro Rider

OK, the warrior had 18 inch rears... And you have 22's. Lets think about this. The blaster is a higher reving light weight machine, while the warrior is slower reving and heavy. I would hope the blaster one since it had 4 more inches of tire and that much more speed. But it is always fun to brag about winning a race [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] And a One mile race... wow, hope you did not keep 'er pinned, that could do some damage. My Blaster and warrior are both very reiable machines that will not let you down.

Old 06-18-2003, 01:46 AM
Pro Rider

I've seen Blasters that were modified do in the 5.20's in 300 ft.;so beating a warrior with a Blaster is not difficult to do with a few mods. Even stock for stock its close. Slim

Old 06-18-2003, 03:11 AM
Range Rover

blaster96 i have bad news for ya with the tire size its the other way around the big the tire the less rotations it make causing the bike to be slower not faster.

Old 06-18-2003, 04:33 AM
Pro Rider

I cant wait to race some blasters. I should be up and running in a few weeks. I can see it now, piped, ported, cammed, high compression warrior, beats piped blaster. Wohoo, great victory!. Wish there were some fast blasters around here to race.

Old 06-18-2003, 09:09 PM
cop
Pro Rider

Sorry to burst your bubble needfor speed, but a larger tire will actually give you more top end speed but it will slow your bottom end accel. the larger tires in the rear can be directly correlated to a change in sprocket size. larger rear tire would be like a larger front sprocket or a smaller rear sprocket. It just changes the gear ratio. Of course their is a point of diminishing returns with tire size becase you need the requsite horespower to turn the larger tires at top speed and the torque to get you moving on the bottom end. A smaller rear tire will give you better acceleration but huert you top end.

Old 07-26-2003, 09:59 PM
Range Rover

I agree a blaster is definatley faster then a warrior