Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Warning!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2003 | 05:48 PM
KGB
Pro Rider
Default Warning!!!

Shotgun,
Thats me, I might make sense sometime and then ................. you never know [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
But really. I was just trying to stick up for a guy if he deserved to be stuck up for, but I came to the conclusion that he didn't need to be stuck up for.

But I agree, lets get a posse, if nothing else, I always wanted to be in a posse!

Old 06-17-2003 | 05:57 PM
Pro Rider
Default Warning!!!

I hear ya,

I could send down my pit crew, they wouldn't charge much, hell if it was on a Saturday night they wouldn't charge anything, they're going to be in a fight anyway. lol

The word is out! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-17-2003 | 06:15 PM
Pro Rider
Default Warning!!!

Well what interest rate is on the paperwork he signed?
If it says 17 percent then he knew what he was getting and it is his fault.
If it says 10 percent and he is getting charged 17 then he can get it fixed.
If he didnt read and just signed then he isnt to bright.

Old 06-17-2003 | 06:19 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default Warning!!!

Thats the weird part, there isn't a interest rate written down on the contract he signed. That line is blank. He's gonna take it up with the General Manager as soon as he can.

Old 06-17-2003 | 06:35 PM
Pro Rider
Default Warning!!!

Originally posted by: Raptor03Rider
Thats the weird part, there isn't a interest rate written down on the contract he signed. That line is blank. He's gonna take it up with the General Manager as soon as he can.
They did'nt have any bank approvals yet , he should have never taken it with out exact figures .

Old 06-17-2003 | 06:47 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default Warning!!!

I just spoke to my friend a few minutes ago and he said he's just gonna pay off the whole thing off cash! It's not that actual interest rate that pissed him off, its the way we were treated when we went back...

Old 06-17-2003 | 07:15 PM
KGB
Pro Rider
Default Warning!!!

Like Fast4wrd said.
Its what I thought. They made a "quote" of a rate and were either not able to honor it because of credit, or its a way a crooked dealership figured how to get into , how can I say, nieve peoples pockets.
This is a good point, never sign a contract without a interest rate.It says in small print at the bottom of the contract that they will attempt to ge the best rate on the street, but it also has to have a rate cap on it to. I would bet it was 17%.
Either way, they guy should have calmly explained that to him, but the dealership did nothing illegal. That sucks.

Old 06-17-2003 | 07:24 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default Warning!!!

yea, my friend should have known better. I guess he was too excited about getting a new toy. Maybe we can get the apr lower though, after all I do work for a news organization here in L.A. and you know the media, we love to help those in need. Well it doesn't matter anymore, he's paying off the whole thing cash. At least that way they won't make much money off of him.

Old 06-17-2003 | 07:27 PM
KGB
Pro Rider
Default Warning!!!

Well he might just get the last laugh, alot of retail contracts have a clause in them that will charge back the dealership a flat fee of like $500 if the contract is paid off before it gets to mature for 6 months. If there was any kind of promotion, then its almost for sure. They do this because there is a kick back to the dealer ship for either marking up the interest rate, or they gave away free acces, ect.
He better hope its a simple interest contract. If not he is going to be really mad!

Old 06-17-2003 | 07:37 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default Warning!!!

Is that a contract where there is a penalty for paying it off early?

Quick Reply: Warning!!!