Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Warning!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2003 | 03:08 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default Warning!!!

Do not buy from Yamaha of Hollywood. They lie!! My friend bought a new quad from them about 3 weeks ago at a supposed low APR, but when he got his bill it was at the normal interest rate of 17 or 19 point something. My friend went back to talk about this to the guy who sold it to him and he basically told my friend to F off, the sales guy said, "you signed and thats it. Get out." The sales guy name is Erick J. Backen. So if you know anybody in Los Angeles who wants to buy a quad tell them to stay away from Yamaha of Hollywood!! Theives!

Old 06-17-2003 | 03:45 PM
Pro Rider
Default Warning!!!

thanks for the info!

Old 06-17-2003 | 03:56 PM
Pro Rider
Default Warning!!!

If that was me i would have shown him the meaning of fu@k off

Old 06-17-2003 | 04:04 PM
Pro Rider
Default Warning!!!

I would think if your friend would have went back and drove the quad up this guys A$$ he may have had a little change in attitude!

Old 06-17-2003 | 04:25 PM
KGB
Pro Rider
Default Warning!!!

First Off, I am not defending that guy or that practice, but....there is two sides to a story...
I work at a dealership, not atvs, not cars, but a dealership who lives in the same world and has the same rules as those guys.
All the time poeple tell me they have good credit and I tell them , they should be able to get 10% or whatever. they give a deposit, we run credit and it comes back with a 550 FICA score (700 is real good). We can still get the guy approved, but at 17% or higher. The guy comes into the finance office, we tell him his pmts are not going to be x, they are now going to be y, becauese the int rate is higher. Most of the time they don't blink, just sign and leave. If I was selling a toy, It would be worse, people get emotionally attached and only hear what they want.
Your friend was told the int. rate, he was told the payments, before he signed and left. He agreed to those terms.
Most likely, the salesperson you are naming, had nothing to do with the financing. They have a seperate department for that. He took a guy he just closed into the finance office and said get his paper ready and I will get the quad ready.
The moral of the story is don't hold someone else responsible for your own mistakes. And don't jepoardize some body's livelyhood because of it either.
Again, if he really just said "you signd it FU get out ",then thats another story, but I doubt it.
Either way,your freind should read contracts before he signs them. Common Sense

Old 06-17-2003 | 04:44 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default Warning!!!

Well, I wasn't there when my friend bought the quad so I don't know what interest rates were discussed, maybe my friend didn't pay close enough attention like you said, but maybe he also got lied to, is that so hard to believe? It didn't really bother my friend that the apr was so high but what did get his blood boiling was when he went back. This time I did go with him. If you would have seen the way the guy treated us you wouldn't care about his livelyhood, trust me. I know your not defending him or anything, but from the way he treated us, like dirt, screw him. I hope he never sells another bike or quad again.

Old 06-17-2003 | 04:54 PM
KGB
Pro Rider
Default Warning!!!

Then you are right on and screw that guy.
There is a dealerhip up here in Salt Lake that sound like they could be partners. Plaza Cycle. I put a deposit on a 2001 Raptor, when they first came out. I decided to buy a 400ex and went back for my deposit (wich I was positive was refundable, I even had the reciept that showed that). I paid $500 cash deposit. The guy told me that they worked really hard to get it for me in time and I shouldn't be asking for it back. I said it was in he time frame on the reciept and I bought a 400ex. They are a Honda dealership too, so they got pissed I didn't buy it from them. I got it cheaper then they were selling. The sales manager brought the salesman into his office and said right in front of me " This guy wants to take your $500, so I wanted you to remember his face, in case you see him later" I told the guy if he wants to threaten me then just do it like a man. He got up, in my face and was yelling at me to get the f out of his office. I calmly sat down and said " when I have $500" It took 2 hours and the owner to get them to cough it up.
SO SCREW PLAZA CYCLE TOO!

Old 06-17-2003 | 05:01 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default Warning!!!

RIGHT ON! The guy at the yamaha dealer stepped up to my face too and I was hoping he would hit me. I wouldn't have hit him back though. I would have called the police, filed a assault charge and then called a lawyer and sued the heck out of him and that yamaha dealer!

Old 06-17-2003 | 05:05 PM
KGB
Pro Rider
Default Warning!!!

Then you could be the one giving the high interest rates!
I know I was hoping that guy would hit me too. He was big, but it would have been worth it.

Old 06-17-2003 | 05:32 PM
Pro Rider
Default Warning!!!

sandneck,

this is cracking me up, you guys are too funny. one minute your making perfect sense and the next your saying screw them to.

Let's get a possy and a rope and take care of this the way it should be taken care of.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Too funny!

Quick Reply: Warning!!!