Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

blaster: what silencer will add the most power

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2003, 09:47 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blaster: what silencer will add the most power

I want a silencer that will add as much power as possible.

Old 06-26-2003, 10:17 PM
Pro Rider

i'd like to know the answer to this to

Old 06-26-2003, 10:48 PM
Pro Rider

Lol, silencers mean nothing on a 2 stroke. Maybe a complete expansion / silencer Toomey B1 setup will add power, a silencer flat out wont.

-nick

Old 06-27-2003, 01:20 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks ok new question what exhaust system will add the most power i heard one type will add like eleven hp.

Old 06-27-2003, 09:52 AM
Pro Rider

i know toomey B-1 pipe kit is really good. it puts out more powere than fmf, and procirciut pipes. you can look at a dyno chart of the pipe. just go to www.toomey.com then click on B-1 pipe kit and click on the dyno chart
as for your 11 hp one, i dunno. but if there is one I'd like to know about it ! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-27-2003, 02:56 PM
Trailblazer

thanks for right now i think i stick with the fmf on it but i think i'll get a toomey sooner or later.

Old 06-27-2003, 06:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

I slapped a Pro Circuit Stainless steel "factory Sound" silencer on my Blaster and I didn't notice any real power increase but it sure sounds better (and I probably shaved about 15 pounds off the overall weight-the stock silencer is a flippin anvil). I guess I'll pop for the Pro Circuit pipe, and a jet kit to wake it up. Can only afford a little at a time!

Old 06-27-2003, 10:27 PM
Pro Rider

hey when you got your factory sound silencer, did you just get it by itself and have it bolted right on to the stock pipe ? cuz i might do what you did. like how much louder is it than the stock exhaust, a lot ?
cuz i can't really afford a pipe kit because I'm not done paying for the thing yet. so I'm just gonna get a silencer, jet kit, degree key, filter, reeds, spacers, 14t sprocket, and air box vents. do you think those mods will wake it up pretty good?
p.s., do i need to change anything if i get spacers and new reeds? will that be like a bolt on thing or will i have to change something or buy something else for those things to work.

crispy

"seems they wanna fingerprint me and give me some years, but the only get one finger when i'm shiftin gears !" [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-02-2003, 10:05 AM
Weekend Warrior

The Pro Circuit silencer just bolted on. It does sound louder and meaner but it is still not aggravating to the neighbors! I like it and plan on getting the pipe when I can afford it. You r other mods that you want to do will certainly wake up the Blaster and more- I don't believe that you need to do anything with the reeds and spacers other than bolt them on and let them do their job, but I'm not for sure-I do know that you will want to re-jet if you do pipe and/or airbox mods. Good Luck...Blaster Rule (most fun for the money!)

Old 07-02-2003, 11:23 AM
Pro Rider

R U sure you gotta rejet if you put just an air filter on ??
i know you gotta when you put a pipe on, but do you gotta with just a new filter, degree key, silencer, reeds and reed spacers?

Quick Reply: blaster: what silencer will add the most power