Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

who's faster rincon or grizzly

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2003, 03:01 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default who's faster rincon or grizzly

Well if you fellas are hitting 62mph on the GPS with the Grizzlies, then its not that much faster than a Warrior. Warriors have been radared at 59-60mph stock. I figure the Grizzly is quicker to accelerate though since it has a 660.

Old 06-30-2003, 05:45 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Grizzly is suposedly faster. Thats what I've heard more often than not. Rincon isn't slow by any means though. The warrior needs mods to keep up with the grizzly, but of course its half its size too.

Old 06-30-2003, 06:52 AM
Pro Rider

why would you buy a rincon or grizzly to race? Who cares which one is faster, there not ment for speed racing. Get a sport quad if you want to drag race, give me a break. Which is faster, my john deere or my neighbors mtd? The john deere has 22hrsp, and the mtd only has 20hrps, but its a 6 speed!!! ha ha. Come on now!

Old 06-30-2003, 07:38 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I can't answer that question dude, but if somebody asks which is faster, I can try for that. Nobody said anything about buying a grizzly or rincon to race. Anytime you get a topic about speed on a utility quad, some old crabby guy always drops one of these lines it seems.

Here's the deal. Don't want a sport quad because you won't get that much use out of it? Buy a fast utility and have the best of both worlds. I guarantee that Yamaha and Honda didn't have towing a trailer full of hay around the farm as their first priority when they started making these things. They are basically 4 wheel off road motorcycles used for recreation. The fact that you can use them for utility purpose is just an extra and often at times a good excuse to talk one's spouse into letting you spend 6-7K for one.

Old 06-30-2003, 07:58 AM
Pro Rider

well, I am sorry, but it does seem to me that it makes know difference how fast a utility quad is, unless you are going to race somebody. Why do you need to know? What difference does it make if they are not going to race. Then I bring up my original question, why buy a utility quad to race? I'm not crabby, just doesn't make any sence to me.

Old 06-30-2003, 10:55 AM
Range Rover

Have you ever gone on a long ride with your ATV? I would hate to have a utility quad that tops out at like 35 mph. I once went on a three day trip and I know I wouldn't have wanted a slow quad (one of the other guys had one that was pretty slow). This is a scary thught, nut would you rather ride a Polaris Diesel or a Sportsman 500 on a long ride.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 06-30-2003, 11:12 AM

I don't want to start anything but there are people that do want the best of both worlds. If they wanted to just make utility atv's slow and just torque and top out at 15mph, then why did Yamaha for example put the Raptors 663cc, 5 valve motor in it? Not to be slow if you ask me. Some people want to be fast, and be able to go through/do anything. I ride with a guy with a Grizzly for example, he has 27" tires, lift kit, clutch and performance kit, (stock the fastest he got was 68 on his speedo, the main point of this whooe thread, lol) and the thing looks like a monster. I may smoke it on the trails or on the straightaways, but he doesn't lose me to the point of giving up. Why? Because when we start getting into some decent mud patches, or where I have to find somewhere to go around a river, he just blazes through it, my .02, (but i still love my RAPTOR more than anything else out there!)

Patrick

Old 06-30-2003, 11:13 AM

By the way the Grizzly is faster in my own opinion,

Patrick

Old 06-30-2003, 11:20 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

People ask these questions a lot because they want to know as much about a machine as they can before they buy it. I asked a ton of people the top speed of an AC 500 before I got mine. Sure it wasn't as fast as a Sportsman back then, but I wanted it to at least be able to hang with most everything else. A lot of these topics are for bragging rights or a mine's better than your's arguement, but on the other hand, a lot of them are so people can get a feel for what a quad can and cannot do before they drop a lot of cash on it.

And thats why I try to tell the straight truth on questions asked to me. Nothing worse than somebody telling someone a 400 Foreman will do 60mph. If that person goes out and buys one on the premise, they are sure going to be surprised later on. Same thing on if a guy bought a Rincon trying to outrun his buddy's Grizzly or bought a Grizzly trying to outrun his buddy's Prairie.

Old 06-30-2003, 12:23 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Andy Bassham
I can't answer that question dude, but if somebody asks which is faster, I can try for that. Nobody said anything about buying a grizzly or rincon to race. Anytime you get a topic about speed on a utility quad, some old crabby guy always drops one of these lines it seems.

Here's the deal. Don't want a sport quad because you won't get that much use out of it? Buy a fast utility and have the best of both worlds. I guarantee that Yamaha and Honda didn't have towing a trailer full of hay around the farm as their first priority when they started making these things. They are basically 4 wheel off road motorcycles used for recreation. The fact that you can use them for utility purpose is just an extra and often at times a good excuse to talk one's spouse into letting you spend 6-7K for one.
great post.. saved me the typing [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I got my Grizz up to about 62 on the blacktop with 2 people [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] It is faster then my bud's Warrior, I know that for a fact. (I don't know what his gearing is)

Quick Reply: who's faster rincon or grizzly