Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Helmet or no helmet??

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2003, 01:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Helmet or no helmet??

I were one why?? Because im an IDIOT!! I'll get on for a "lesurely"sp ride around my place. Then what do you know I'm bustin sideways, riding wheelies etc.... I can't go slow!!!

Plus grayson county is a big rock for those who dont know, falling of and bashing my head on rock does not sound like fun to me. If you dont wear one, who cares its not my head. I ride w/ people who dont wear them, as long as they were one on my place is all I care about. As my quads starting getting faster I starting wearing a helmet more and more, but I dont were goggles at all b/c I cant see for shiz w/ them on. Don't like not being able to see doing over 50mph.

Just my .05 (inflation)

Mike

Old 07-03-2003, 01:52 PM
Elite Pro Rider

People feel strongly one way or the other. I think everyone should wear a helmet but i am not the enforcer. I do not see the need to wear one when my wife, kidd and i are on a sunday cruise thru the property. We have a few miles of smoth trails at the house and do not do anything crazy. We generally cruise around at 10mph or less. My kid has a choice between a open face and full face for those cruises. You say it is a bad example for me not to wear one and the kid does?? That is the rule around here if he rides. No helmet, no ride. I know wear the dangers are on my property, but i was surprised at how many racers did not have one on. Would i have felt bad if some one got hurt with out a helmet on?? yes and i would feel the same if they had the helmet on and got hurt? yes. I do not know the abilites of everyone that was here. I know when my regular group goes riding at the dunes (Raptorrc, crafty, bansheeboy2k1 and i) we always strap the helmet on before we ride.

Old 07-03-2003, 09:29 PM
Pro Rider

Friends don't let friends ride SPODE!

Old 07-03-2003, 10:25 PM
Pro Rider

I don't wear one on my utitlity bikes, but I am looking into buying one now that I have a Raptor.

You have to wear one at the Spillway, so I don't really have a choice [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 07-09-2003, 12:53 AM
Pro Rider

If you wear a helmet why do you feel the need to preach to others??
To answer your question...it's like Moose said...we have seen what difference a helmet makes...we care about our fellow humans...and want them to be safe. And don't be so selfish to think that people around u will not suffer. YOUR WRONG Money means NOTHING. Ask anyone who has lost a loved one. We preach...cause we care. Simple as that.

Old 07-09-2003, 01:15 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Just a thought- In 58 days it will be legal for people to ride a motorcycle without a helmet in PA.

But they also made it so a cop can pull you over and ticket you if you don't have your seat belt on in your car. Huh?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 07-09-2003, 01:20 AM
Elite Pro Rider

coyote- makes a lot of sense. That is our government in action.

I think all should wear a helmet but i will not preach. If i see a kid riding around camp with out his helmet on i will tell him he forgot to put his helmet on.

Old 07-09-2003, 02:27 AM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mi kno wer hellmut on mine hed. KRashed on rokssss lotts's me halv knot herts gots herts,herts,herts at all !!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]