Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

My first wheelie !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2003, 04:31 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My first wheelie !!!!

ok guys it didn’t go so good, I’m still laughing about the whole thing. There I was, my bros. and some friends watching me. I reved up the banshee, Then I let out the clutch, and for split second I herd everyone’s cheers. About 3.2 seconds went by the cheers changed to laughter…yeah I fell right on my @ss!!!! Did this about 3 times… yeah i fell all 3 times to. So i'm looking for some advice…[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 07-03-2003, 09:48 AM
Pro Rider

where are you sitting, how high are you reving and how hard are you pulling on the bars. when you feel yourself going to far try and tap the rear brak it should get the front end down

Old 07-03-2003, 12:35 PM
Range Rover

what i like to do when attempting to wheelie is put one foot on a peg and my knee on the seat. this way im in a better position to bail if need be, but this helps me find the balance spot on the bike and how i need to use the throttle to keep the front end up. then once your comfortable witht that you sit down and try it the same way. it works for me, and i can now ride some decent wheelies. sure i still go over backwards sometimes but its all good.

later

Old 07-06-2003, 01:25 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

If you feel it going too far backwards tap the brake and find that sweet spot, keep at it, you'll get sooner or later.

Old 07-06-2003, 02:54 AM
Pro Rider

Ok guys, I should be in first gear right? 4 more attempts no good, think I cracked a rib not sure. Waiting for x-ray…I guess I’m not hitting back break fast enough..

Old 07-06-2003, 03:54 AM
Pro Rider

Thats sure as hell not the way Id try a wheelie on my banshee!! Try doing power wheelies. Dont pop the clutch, its just too hard on the clutch and engine, and its nearly impossible to keep them up. Try a 2nd or 3rd gear power wheelie like so: get it up to speed and in the power band, pump the throttle a few times, and then floor it while jerking up on the bars. DO NOT USE THE CLUTCH. The bike will come up under its own power. But you need to find a big space to do it. You can not really do a wheelie on a banshee in a small space. I found this out by breaking my ***, like you, in small yards. Not to mention it really f**cks the grass up popping the clutch. on a banshee, u gotta start with small wheelies and work your way up to big ones. You might wanna learn on your blaster first. The banshee, even stock, is a pretty quick machine, and its not worth killin' yerself tryin to do wheelies on it with out the skill.

Oh and dont try it in first gear because when your in the powerband in first gear, its just TOOO strong. You really have to shift into 2nd or 3rd, although going alot faster, but its more stable and alot easier to do small ones.

My advise, dont try to start out big, cause ur gonna end up killin yerself. Pratice alone and get some good skill, then throw down some good 1/2 mile wheelies with them in jaw dropping amazement!

-Nick

Old 07-06-2003, 04:09 AM
Range Rover

I dont really wheelie alot but yes its very exhilerating wheeling for the first time, its alot like jumping . Your first jump barely gets you off the ground and by the end of the year you are jumping 40 ft, and your heart is pounding hoping youll land it. My only advise is use your clutch to take some of the power away, before you fall but, youll figure it out eventually. People can tell you how its done all day , but it just takes practice and no fear.

Old 07-06-2003, 12:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have a blaster and i try to power wheelie it but it just wont go up i go in second gear stand up and pull up and give it gas and it will just spin the tires or on pavement it will just go forward it might lift up like five inches. but then go back down. then when i use the clutch it will lift to high and i usually end up with a bent grab bar sitting on my *** and the quad 20 feet away from me.

o and also what is all this about the power band. What is the power band

Old 07-06-2003, 05:04 PM
Pro Rider

A power band is this rubber band that gives magical powers to all the 2 strokes.
A power band is also this green strip on that new deoderant....

Old 07-06-2003, 06:10 PM
Pro Rider

Its what connects the piston with the crank, thats what makes the piston come back down

Quick Reply: My first wheelie !!!!