Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Give Me the top 5 fastest quads in order 1-5

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2003, 12:52 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Give Me the top 5 fastest quads in order 1-5

My R with no more than 400 bucks on performance parts smokes raptors d's and preditors all the time. Iv never lost to one ever. They have also had pipes, filters and i couldnt look into the motor to see what else lol

Iv owned a lt500 a banshee and oviously 250R's The lt500 is a tourque monsta! The banshee had great top end. In a drag race it would have been the Lt500 then banshee then 250R. All very close to each other.

At the track....(seconds) (lightly modded, pipes filters ect)
(AVEREGE)!!

A modded raptor: 6.0-6.1
A modded v-forse:6.0-6.1
A modded ds: 5.9-6.1
A modded preditor:5.9-6.0
A modded z-400: 6.2-6.3
A modded 400ex:6.2-6.4
A modded banshee:5.7-5.8
A modded lt500:5.7-5.8
A modded 250R:5.8-5.9

My 250R (pipe, replacement reeds, uni filter) goes 5.5-5.6

Old 07-08-2003, 01:13 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: efg
he simply said "fastest" he could have meant mx for all you know
If he was talking about MX, your top 5 list would have to be people's names, like Farr, Jones, Ellis, Creech, Gust, ect. I haven't been following the quad racing lately so I dunno what order that list would be in, but either way it would be impossible to list the top 5 fastest quads for MX since the quad only makes up about 5% of the speed and the rider is the deciding factor. Ofcourse I'm in the section of these forums that is made up of drunk drag racers that rave about how their banshee or raptor is king and have no actual riding skill what so ever.

But the MX'ers and Xc racers know what I'm talkin about.

Racing is 90% mental... the other half is physical.

Old 07-08-2003, 01:22 AM
Pro Rider

YOdady...what u don't think going in a straight line takes any skill...??? RIDING Period takes skill i don't care what ur doing! now has for the V force it takes no skill...all u gotta do is sit down a push a button.

Old 07-08-2003, 01:28 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ineedspeed
everyone go to the Kawi forum and look at the topic that says V-Force vs. Banshee vs. Raptor - My Results. Look at the pics the guy has and the info he has there....there is some good hard evidence!
That was a modded v-force wasn't it? The others may have been modded too but I thought this thread was talking about stock. Oh well no one has a stock bike very long anyways except me I guess.

Old 07-08-2003, 03:03 AM
Weekend Warrior

His vforce had a full system and jets only. It runs very well at the dunes. This is all with stock springs as well. Boy, those raptors and banshees are going to hate the new spring that is being developed. Lower stall and later release. This thing will do 85+ with that spring, and run drags like a mother!!

Old 07-08-2003, 03:13 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 66oDisturbed
YOdady...what u don't think going in a straight line takes any skill...??? RIDING Period takes skill i don't care what ur doing! now has for the V force it takes no skill...all u gotta do is sit down a push a button.
Damn you piece of crap!! I gotta actually agree with you on something. Guys to be honest not that I have anything against the V but seriously guys I dont think you guys can count yourselves in on a drag race or any race for that matter. There really isnt much to an automatic. Its pretty much just give it gas and hang on. Unless you guys are racing against other mod. automatics I dont think it takes too much to race a V. I could have my kid brother race me on a V and me on my Pred and would get beat as long as he just needs to hang on and give it gas. Okay but overall I think the banshee and R have the upper hand in everything as they will always be around and have been for quite some time now. Time and time again those two have proven themselves worthy. So instead of asking for the top 5 fastest we should be more specific as it would be easier to point out each pro and con.

Old 07-08-2003, 11:46 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: mudslinger400z
everyone go to the Kawi forum and look at the topic that says V-Force vs. Banshee vs. Raptor - My Results. Look at the pics the guy has and the info he has there....there is some good hard evidence!
That was a modded v-force wasn't it? The others may have been modded too but I thought this thread was talking about stock. Oh well no one has a stock bike very long anyways except me I guess.
Yes the V did have some mods but all the bikes had mods.....just to fill ya in....they all had equal modifications.

Old 07-08-2003, 11:53 AM
Trailblazer

who cares if its an auto-matic or not???? The quickest and fastest bike will win! Kawi made the V easy to ride so that you could concentrate more on riding then changing gears! And I would highly disagree it takes no skill to ride the V, people have rode my V that have been riding for 10 years and they almost killed them selves on the take off...so what if it aint got gears???? I like it that way.....never thought i would like at auto sport bike buts it the funnest bike ive ever ridden!

Old 07-08-2003, 11:59 AM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 07-08-2003, 01:39 PM
Pro Rider

who cares if its an auto-matic or not???? The quickest and fastest bike will win! Kawi made the V easy to ride so that you could concentrate more on riding then changing gears! And I would highly disagree it takes no skill to ride the V, people have rode my V that have been riding for 10 years and they almost killed them selves on the take off...so what if it aint got gears???? I like it that way.....never thought i would like at auto sport bike buts it the funnest bike ive ever ridden!
Okay maybe your right. But I personally have never had an Automatic in between my legs so I guess I cant speak. I'll just sit this out..

Quick Reply: Give Me the top 5 fastest quads in order 1-5