Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Give Me the top 5 fastest quads in order 1-5

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2003, 02:11 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Give Me the top 5 fastest quads in order 1-5

No-matter what quad you own, it is hands down the fastest quad made and has never been spanked. Now go re-read the previous posts.

Old 07-08-2003, 03:13 PM
Pro Rider

Okay not flaming anyone with a Raptor or anything but for those of you guys (66oDisturbed) that ride Raptors and feel that a Predator is a POS well here it is. Straight from Raptor guys themselves. Check it out this post.
This statement is not inteded for those of you that dont think the way 66oDisturbed thinks. Some of us on this board just act a little too cocky and arrogant. Raptors are a great machine with a little work like any other quad. So shush and go eat nuts.

Old 07-08-2003, 04:49 PM
Pro Rider

Acctually ineedspeed, all kawasaki did was save a penny or two by boring the prarrie engine up to a 700 and geared it higher to make a new sport quad, they didnt do it to make it easier for your brain to figure out how to switch gears, they could care less about that, my brain sure does take a thrashing after i get done riding my banshee, going through six gears lol, pulling your chain. the kawasaki vforce 700 isnt the fastest with a top speed of 74 stock, a banshee with a top speed of 77 and a raptor with a top speed of 78, but its always going to be the same ol, mines faster than yours because i own one as garyc660r said, which is true, just because you or anyone can smoke another person, means nothing except you or him/her is the better rider. the v's are fast for an automatic just not the fastest.

Old 07-08-2003, 05:11 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ineedspeed
who cares if its an auto-matic or not???? The quickest and fastest bike will win! Kawi made the V easy to ride so that you could concentrate more on riding then changing gears! And I would highly disagree it takes no skill to ride the V, people have rode my V that have been riding for 10 years and they almost killed them selves on the take off...so what if it aint got gears???? I like it that way.....never thought i would like at auto sport bike buts it the funnest bike ive ever ridden!
I agree it shouldn't matter if it's a manual clutch, automatic clutch (like my rancher), or a fully automatic. Hey if you've got the faster bike who cares. A drag race is a lot about the better bike anyways, I mean some really really experienced drag racers might take a lesser bike and win against someone inexperienced but two get two equal riders and the bike makes the difference. The mx track or trail racing is more about the rider than the bike, although a great quad still helps here too.

Old 07-08-2003, 05:13 PM
Pro Rider

Dat B true Mudslinger.

Old 07-08-2003, 07:12 PM
Pro Rider

lol how true you said it

No-matter what quad you own, it is hands down the fastest quad made and has never been spanked. Now go re-read the previous posts.

Old 07-08-2003, 07:16 PM
Pro Rider

but relax guys who cares whos the fastest quad it's all about having fun[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]....now who wants to drag[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
seriously though, a lot depends on the rider and there's lots of variables.
Imo no-one can say including me they are the fastest because there is always someone faster right so chill and go ride and have some fun instead of arguing over my quad is faster your quad....just my 2 cents

Old 07-08-2003, 07:59 PM
Pro Rider

Believe in the V man. Nobody has serious mods yet cause the V is new, but it still holds up against best. Next year you may run into a 825cc V twin with 12:1 compression (instead of stock 9:1) and it may have a CDI advance and cams and clutch work. When you see that, the drag banshees will have thier work cut out for them.

Old 07-08-2003, 09:43 PM
Trailblazer

actually hondarace..kawi did keep the V an auto so it would be eaier to ride...pick up a the dirtwheels mag in which they test out the V. They come right out and say it....dont go gettin smart a$$ on me talkin about it works your brain to shift gears, im just sayin the V is hands down the easiest sport bike to ride, this is why so many people have them b.c they are great for trails b/c your not havin to work the clutch!

Old 07-08-2003, 09:45 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ineedspeed
actually hondarace..kawi did keep the V an auto so it would be eaier to ride...pick up a the dirtwheels mag in which they test out the V. They come right out and say it....dont go gettin smart a$$ on me talkin about it works your brain to shift gears, im just sayin the V is hands down the easiest sport bike to ride, this is why so many people have them b.c they are great for trails b/c your not havin to work the clutch!
You are most definitely correct.

Quick Reply: Give Me the top 5 fastest quads in order 1-5